Tortuga

Aboard the HMS Interceptor

Charlotte stayed in the crows nest for several hours. As she lay there soaking in the sun and warm breeze it occurred to her that her father and former governesses would be alarmed at how long she was in the sun. She looked down at her arms, she had quickly removed the overcoat and rolled up her sleeves. She could see that her pale skin was definitely taking on some color, she decided she liked it, the golden tan suited her ivory skin tone. Just then she heard the creaking of the ratlines that led to her perch and she hoped it was Will and not a certain annoying pirate. Those hopes were dashed when a (mostly) white handkerchief was held up over the side of the basket and waved about to signal Jack's surrender.

"What do you want Captain Sparrow?"

"Truce?"

She sighed deeply and Jack peered over the edge to make sure he was not about to be meet with another blade. Seeing Charlotte laying on the floor of the crows nest he hauled him self over and settled down next to her. Jack stretched out and leaned on one elbow to observe Charlottes soft curvy figure as she lay there watching the clouds. The white shirt was unbuttoned part ways and displayed her long neck and collarbones and the waistcoat showed off her tiny waist. Jack's gaze was stopped as it traveled down her shapely legs by the blades strapped to her thigh and he gestured towards the sheath.

"May I?" Charlotte considered him a moment and then shrugged. Jack's hand brushed across her upper leg to pull out one of the small blades and she could feel her self blush at the contact. The pirate captain carefully balanced the knife on one finger and admired the sharpness and craftsmanship. "William's work I assume?"

She nodded in agreement and Jack glanced back at her face to ask, "So how is it the Governors daughter comes to be proficient with such a weapon, probably those too?" he gestures to the saber at her side and knife in her boot.

Charlotte smiles despite herself, he really was ridiculously charming. "One has a blacksmith with a deep hatred of pirates for a best friend." She answers with a chuckle and goes back to her cloud watching. She can feel Jack's eyes still on her but refuses to acknowledge it. Jack reaches out and very gently brushes his fingers across her jaw and turns her face to him.

"I'm sorry Charlotte, it was a dirty move." Jack admitted very quietly. You could tell from how difficult the words were to get out that Jack Sparrow was not a man accustomed to apologizing for anything. However a moment later Charlotte smiled and he thought he might try it more often if it meant the little water sprite would grant him more of her smiles.

"It was indeed a dirty move Captain Sparrow, but apology accepted." Charlotte hopped to her feet, leaving Jack laying on the floor and climbed over the edge of the crows nest, a second later her head popped back over. "Come on, I want you to show me how to help bring her into port since I'm speaking to you again." And she nimbly climbed back down the rigging.

Jack continued to lie there a moment and then dashed after her. He had decided not to think to hard about just how much trouble he was in where it came to just how drawn he was to Charlotte and instead concentrate on making her smile some more.

.....

Tortuga

Bringing the Interceptor in to the dock had been hard work with just the three of them but Charlotte was a quick learner. Currently they were strolling down the dark, crowded and rowdy streets of Tortuga and Charlotte couldn't figure out where to look first! Everywhere there was movement and noise and debauchery going on! Pirates and prostitutes chased each other around, there was a man being drug behind a wagon and another trying to drink rum straight from a leaking barrel. Pistols were being fired everywhere and music swelled out of the doors and windows of more taverns than she could count!