f

Moses

I shut the front door as quietly as I could, pressing my phone against my ear as I locked it behind me and walked up to Izaak's car.

It was six in the morning and he was taking me to Gramps shop while my window was getting repaired, dropping me after to pick it up once I got the call that it'd been ready. I slapped hands with him as I snapped my seatbelt across my body, speaking into my phone.

"What you got for me?" I asked.

Over the line, the man smacked his lips, dragging the word, "Damn, unfriendly ass nigga. I don't get no hi? No, I miss you?"

I snorted. "I didn't text you on no friendly shit for a reason Ant. Now what you got for me?"

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Izaak looking at me.

He knew Ant. Knew what he did. Probably figured what I was calling him for too but just the general of it. Not the who.

We all did business together way back when. Shit that would've had us seeing family behind bars if we weren't careful enough. Showed me just how bat shit insane them niggas Ant and Wire could truly get but they were still my people nonetheless.

Ant smacked his lips once more and I could just imagine him rolling his eyes at me now, whispering to Wire since they was always talking shit together.

I had text him yesterday morning when Messsiah came down limping and holding his ribs.

I didn't like that shit and I didn't like that Capria didn't like it either so shit was getting handled. Simple. "I thought you wiped yo hands with this, Mo. Should I be worried?"

I leaned my seat back some, saying, "I did."

"You said you wouldn't hit me up less it was important."

"I hit you up didn't I?" My brows furrowed. "What you got for me, Anthony? I'm not doing this chitchat shit over the phone right now." I told and Ant grumbled. The image of him bucking and stomping his foot on the ground like I was supposed to change up out the blue and be nice to him or something flashed in my mind. A lil thug ass nigga covered in tats pouting, crossing his arms. I felt my lips twitch in humor.

Ant was weird and so was that nigga Wire but they was cool once you got past it and hella good at they job too. They had everything you could ask for.

Information. Money. Drugs. People. All types of illegal shit I wanted no part in anymore.

I met them my twentieth birthday. A faint memory of alcohol and drugs and a whole lotta red clogged the back of my mind before I shook it away.

"Say you miss me and I'll tell you nigga."

I smacked my own lips, dragging a hand down my face. "Ant, can you fuckin' not? It's six in the morning and you doin' too much. Go get Wire."

Next to me, Izaak chuckled, knowing how Ant could be and how annoyed he could make me.

Over the phone, the man whined, "What you still so mean to me for? Word down the pipe is Mo changed. Mo ain't changed a damn thang."

I snorted, telling him, "I'm off this call if you'on get to it," before a different voice spoke on the line.

Wire's deep-ass throaty voice groaned as he said, "Gahdamn, say you miss the nigga and move on, too early for this shit. Ant go take yo ass to the front room nigga, you see I'm in here sleep."

I chuckled lowly to myself, listening to the sheets ruffle before a door slammed shut and Ant snorted, laughing to himself, saying, "He just kicked me out my own room."