u

Messsiah

Scrunching my face at the black Camaro parked behind Moses' car in the driveway, I slammed Assad's car door shut, mugging the dark tint it had on the windows.

"You don't know who that is?" He asked. Probably seeing the look I had on my face.

I shook my head. "Nah. They tint dark as hell though."

It was already too dark out here to be seeing through it anyways but the porch lights are on and usually, depending on the angle, I could.

"Get back in." Assad said.

I smacked my lips at him, side-eyeing. "Nigga I ain't pussy. Fuck I'ma get back in for?"

The car is running as we speak and Mo's in the house. Up in his room to be exact.

I had just got off the phone with him not too long before I pulled up. Plus, I can see him through the curtains he ain't close in the bedroom yet.

When the Camaro cranked up, my hand immediately went to my waist, watching as it slowly pulled off and drove down the street.

Only when it was out of sight did I relax.

Saad shook his head, whistling. "Ain't nobody say all that. I'm just tryna make sure you straight."

"Well don't." I mugged and he laughed.

"Yeah aight lil nigga. I'a see you later. Stay safe." He rolled his windows back up before speeding off.

Snorting, I looked around one more time, feeling some typa way as I stepped inside.

Who the fuck just sitting outside the house? And how long they been sitting there for Mo to not notice?

"Aye, Moses!" I locked the door behind me.

I was upstairs, busting open the bedroom door before he could even answer.

"Moses," I said again, eyeing the way he got his back leaned against the headboard and a blunt up to his lips. His eyes were low as a slow smile spread across his face, eyes focused on me.

"Where you been?" He asked.

"You had company?" I asked back.

I watched as the cloud of smoke blew from his lips.

Right now he don't got no shirt on. Just grey sweats and no socks, and I hear what bitches be saying bout gray sweats.

Shawty working the jail used to love how my thang thanged when I wore grey.

Shit, knowing the way I put that thang on her, I can't even blame her. And if i'm looking correct, the nigga don't got no drawls on either.

"Nah, it's just been me. You know that. Why? Wassup?"

"So whose black Camaro was just parked behind yo car?"

"In the driveway?" Mo squinted his eyes and I nodded, adding, "No plates; blacked out tints."

Moses hummed, sitting quiet as he shaped his beard. And as I kicked my shoes off, pulling my sweatshirt over my head and dropping my book bag on the floor, I caught Mo's eyes on me, blunt in the ashtray as he rubbed his bottom lip and said, "Come here."