w

Moses
29k!!

I felt my eyes twitching.

As a kid, no matter how much the old man attempted to keep me busy and in line, I still did my shit regardless of the consequences I knew I had to take up with him after.

It's why I never gave Malaki too much trouble.

I been there. I did that, I'm grown now.

I had my fair share of life experiences. I seen what it could do to you, for you—good and bad.

Naturally, I was a calm man. There was nothing I wanted more than to see peace on this earth but I also had a streak in me too. One I felt flaring just by looking at the piece of shit ass man Pria called her daddy.

There wasn't a sound in this room.

I was staring at the shattered glass above my cup, my fingers twitching against the plastic, glad that Gramps still hadn't installed any type of security system in the main room despite the fact that I'd been telling him to for years. It was a blessing in disguise in a moment like this.

I almost snorted.

Wasn't shit about this a blessing in disguise.

Gramps was gone try and whoop my ass when he see this cause ain't no way I can get it fixed before morning.

When I noticed Izaak grabbing near the waistband of his jeans, I shook my head.

He had Adrea standing behind him, her fingers tightening against the back of his shirt and a frown so deep, Izaak placed his hand against the small of her back and pushed her up against him some more for comfort.

This is Sy's situation to handle, I know that.

But it also became mine when I took his sister in, when he punched Mal and caused that faded bruise around his eye, and when he bust my grandpa's shit just now.

As I gulped the rest of what was in my cup, my eyes found Messsiah's pretty dark ones.

He drunk just as much as I did. Claimed he could hold his liquor better than I so we bet on it and went shot for shot.

I already knew he could hold his own. Matter fact, he was just sitting here bending my fingers back till I flicked him in his neck and made his ass stop. And even if he couldn't, drunk or not, wasn't shit gone happen to him regardless. Not while I'm there.

Not ever while I'm here.

With the plastic cup now sat onto the counter, I blinked real slow, figuring I would take the back burner for now and see how this play out. But not for long.

Not when the look James gave Sy was of nothing but disgust.

Messsiah

"Oh shit," Mal's eyes went wide and I smacked my lips, throwing Moses' hand off my thigh.

Ain't no way this shit happening.

Not at this niggas grandpa's barber shop.

Yanking up my pants, I groaned, mumbling, "Man, what the fuck is you doin'?"

James was slurring and shit when he stumbled in. Glass crunching under his shoes, stinking up the whole place like piss and beer.

I'm stuck on how this nigga even know about this spot in the first place? Last I checked, he ain't had a good shape up in years.