Chapter 3

"EEEEEEHHHH?!"

"EEEEEEHHHH?!"

I sighed at Elise's reaction. This is how I imagined her to look like if I tell her I'm back at the Alison's residences.

We are in the university cafeteria for lunch. I haven't touched most of my food, and Elise is now eating dessert (caramel pudding).

"Yeah. I'm doomed El, how am I supposed to move around when I know JK is there?"

I slumped on the table. Elise clicked her tongue.

"But then, you've lived there before right? You should be used to it already, Rose."

"How can I be used to it? Before, he's not my boyfriend, but now..." I sighed. "I even said I'd cook for him. I'm so dumb!"

Elise snorted, "What are you gonna cook, Rosie, fried egg?"

"Hey! I can cook alright," I said in defense. "Besides, I can always look at Auntie's cookbooks or watch on YouTube."

"Yeah right," she yawned. "But be sure not to food poison him."

I jokingly hit her on the arm.

"But then, you must be uncomfortable there?" Elise asked, suddenly looking concerned.

"Yes, I'm always conscious of how I look or how I act. It's different than before," I sighed. "And also..." I considered it for a moment. Shall I tell Elise?

But I think I should not. It's my personal problem and I feel embarrassed to admit it.

That I'm feeling a bit insecure.

"Also what?" She put the last slice of the pudding to her mouth.

"Nothing," I laughed. "By the way, the final output in Principles of Teaching is due today. Have you done it?"

Elise coughed, "Oh sht! I forgot to print it!" She took her bag and dashed outside, saying something about someone forgetting to send the softcopy.

"Wait, don't tell me she's asking someone to make her project?" I asked as I watch her run away from the cafeteria.

I sighed. I must go to my next class. Picking up my book and my bag, I went after Elise.