Chapter 17

"Bro! I thought you would be late today again?" I said when I saw JK arrive at the Japanese restaurant

"Bro! I thought you would be late today again?" I said when I saw JK arrive at the Japanese restaurant. I was waiting for our order to-go. He messaged and asked where I was, and when I said I'm going to a restau, he gave me additional food to order.

"I finally understood why MBA chose to do this event during the finals. You should have seen the upperclassmen who were all helping us for extra credits," he said and sat down. "Everything is fixed. We just need a band for—"

"What for?" I asked when he didn't continue.

"Well, don't blabber about it to anyone in our block. There will be a gala night for the business students. It's going to be announced later," he said and checked his watch.

"Bro, what's going on," I said, caressing my imaginary beard. "You know you're being too talkative these days?"

He frowned at me, "Am I?"

"Yes, and it's a good thing actually!" I tapped his back, "Ahhh, I really like Rose Anne. The things he can do to you bro!"

"Oh, shut up." He stood, "I guess our order's ready."

"Hey wait!" I ran after him. Sure enough, the food is ready. We each got a heavy paper bag, and he paid more than a thousand.

"Why did you order this much? I was just planning to buy some sushi, and you ordered almost everything here."

JK did not answer. Oh shoot, I should have not commented on his talkativeness.

"You brought your car?" he asked.

"Yes," I said and pointed at the parking lot.

"Good, I'll drive," he said and put the bags in the backseat.

A few minutes into the ride, I realized where we were going.

"Hey bro, are you planning to gate crash a girls'night?" I muttered, looking outside to confirm where we're heading.

"I'll just bring these food to Rose Anne."

I tapped JK on the back, he glared at me when he almost accidentally pushed the accelerator. "Sorry, I was just proud of you man. You really are having a good character development!"

"Shut up."

"That's good bro, you have to make sure Rose is happy. If you fuck up again, I don't think I can save you from her friends." I laughed. But then I thought about Elise. So I stopped laughing.

We arrived at Rose Anne's house, but parked a few walks away. We saw that the living room is dimly lit, and some lights flashing here and there. They must be watching a movie.

"Hey, bro, are you really—" I said but I saw him frown. I followed his gaze and saw that he's looking at something. A guy was standing. In front of the house. "Who's that—"