Chapter 18

Friday after class, the day before the MBA Business Summit

"That's for you, and give these two tickets to Jim and JK," Sue said and give three tickets to me. Then she put three tickets on the table in front of Elise. "And that's for you and for Jennie and Van."

We are at a takoyaki food hub near Sue's school.

"How about the one that got away because of freakin' life goals?" Elise said smirking.

Sue gave her a nasty look, but then smiled, "I told you not to call Ram that way. I will give him the ticket at the book cafe this evening."

Elise and I looked at each other, beaming. Since that night, Elise has been bothering all week to call Ram Montemayor with a very long nickname. The amount of effort she gives just to tease Sue is kinda amazing.

I read the ticket, "Orpheus: A Love Beyond Death. Wow, is this something tragic?"

Sue smiled, "Just attend the play and watch. And if you don't know the story yet, better not research. So you wouldn't be spoiled. I think you'd like it Rosie. Orpheus is a musician."

"Oh really?"

Elise grimaced and put the tickets in her bag. Then she continued eating takoyaki in silence.

Sue and I looked at her. She's been in a bad mood since this morning.

"Hey, you still didn't tell us why you're so edgy today," I nudged her.

Elise put the last bite of takoyaki in her mouth and looked at us with a frown. "Hey, has any of you told Jim about what I said?"

We both shook our head.

"Why?" asked Sue.

Elise sighed. "That idiot's been pestering me lately. It's kind of... suspicious." Then she proceeded to show us her phone.

There were a series of chats from Jim.

[Saturday, 7:40AM
Good morning! I'm seriously starting to forget your face El.]

[Saturday, 8:02AM
Do you want to go out later? You don't have a class right? My treat]

[Saturday, 8:30AM
Hey are you still angry?]

[Saturday, 11:45AM
I'm sorry I ignored you]

The Saturday texts were followed by some updates from Jim, and the whole week he has been constantly sending her messages. Just random things as if he was her long-distance boyfriend.

Then this morning was a long message that must be the reason why Elise asked us such a question.

[Today, 5:47AM
Hey El 💜,
Seeing that you have read my messages at least makes my heart at ease. At least, I tell myself, that you have a lil bit of care left for me even though you don't reply 😿 Hangon, this emoji looks like you 😆😂🤭 Anyway, sorry for bombarding you with spam messages. But hey they're not spam okay! They're my feelings for you 😍🥰🥹😶‍🌫️🫢🤭🫣 I promise I won't ever leave you. Even if you deny me, even if you push me away, I'll be here sticking with you like a gum underneath a shoe. EW. But that's how much I feel for you Elise. I won't leave you. EVER. I've made up my mind. I won't even let fear stop me from loving you.]