Chapter 13

I thought it would be thirty-minutes-at-most student meeting, but hey, I was entirely wrong

They have excused us for the whole day's class, and it's finals, and what shall I do with the paperwork which I still haven't completed for Literature.

Geez, I know these general education subjects are included in the college curriculum for some reasons, and I respect my professors a lot. But sometimes, I don't really understand why we have to do projects 95% more complicated than our major subjects. Then at the end of the semester, they'd give us a low grade which, whether we cry or laugh about it, will just ruin our transcript.

I was never a Literature-type of student, that's why I'm struggling. To top it all, I was assigned a Greek classical literature! It's a story of a musician named Orpheus who lost his wife untimely.

I don't even know the entire story of Romeo and Juliet!

Wait, is Romeo and Juliet Greek? Well whatever.

I'm not even halfway reading through Orpheus and my brain is not cooperating with me.

"Let's have a 40-minute break!" Yosef the president announced at long last after a straight four-hour planning and brainstorming for the upcoming Business Summit.

"I really don't get it why they want the summit to be done during the finals!" A third year rep told her seatmate. I silently agreed with her. It should be done in the prelims, when everyone's mind is still fresh from vacation.

"Projects and presentations for the finals are usually the best, so I think they wanted to make use of that," a fourth year guy said.

We are 20 here, twelve main council members and 8 representatives from each level. Looking around, everyone seems to be friends already. They greet me and I return the wave or smile, but I really find it awkward to interact closely with people whom I haven't really know yet. So here I am, seated at the corner, with my co-first year rep who is silent as me.

I know he's an introvert like me. And I know the reason why he's here is because joining the council is a good foundation for our career in the future.

I looked at JK Alison. He's been so quiet since he arrived this morning. I tried to talk to him but he just nods or shakes his head. I'm starting to get frustrated, but I know this is how he is. Because that is how I am too.

Our orgmates went out to eat. Afterall, it's 11:30am, almost lunch break. When they all have left, it's me and JK in the room. He's scrolling through his phone, but I don't think he's really looking at it. It seems like he's thinking.

I took the sandwiches my father made me this morning. I put one on his table.

"Cheese and ham," I said. "Take it as a thank you for last Saturday at the horror house."

I still can't get over the fact that he held my hand. I should really thank Giselle for taking me there after class last Saturday! I didn't expect him to be there, but it was a great experience. Although I saw her girlfriend. She's pretty, but her face is too common. And I think she doesn't understand JK Alison. She's too talkative. I saw her talking to him nonstop.