Chapter 10

The large bag of chips I bought sat open on the middle of the table

The large bag of chips I bought sat open on the middle of the table. Elise and Sue dug in, while Prez and I contented ourselves with the juice.

"What happened to those two?" Sue asked, sighing and then munching on some chips.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw Prez watching her with amusement. Hmmm... What do I feel in the air?

"You think Alison found our Rosie?" Elise asked Sue.

"Of course!" I said, and took the bottle of juice she's about to open and opened it for her.

"What did Alison do, leaving her alone?" Elise shook her head in dismay.

Of course I must boost my brother's morale!

"Ey... We don't know what happened. Who knows, maybe some ugly ghost made them separate—" But then I saw two familiar faces emerge from the exit. "Ow! Here they come, the love birds. Look at them holding hands. Tsk!"

"Tsh. What an eyesore," Elise muttered.

When they got near, Rose Anne ran to hug Elise and Sue.

"Giiiirls! I thought I won't see you again—"

Sue tapped her on the back, "Were you scared?"

Elise embraced her extra tight, "If I were there, I'd punch all those ghosts—bam! Pak! So they can't hurt you..."

Rose Anne pouted and wiped her eyes, "I love you guys..."

Then they embraced as if they had gone to a battle and haven't seen each other in decades.

I grimaced.

I looked and saw Prez and JK having similar expressions.

I whispered to Prez and JK, "Women and their drama."

"I'm hungry!" Rose Anne said.

"Awww... You must have been so tired running from the ghosts," Elise fed her some chips.

"Here have some juice," Sue gave her the juice I opened for Elise.

"Oooow... Thank you guys!" And they were about to hug again—

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.

"STOP!" I shouted and pulled Elise from them. "It was just a haunted house okay? Why are you acting as if Rose Anne escaped death?"