Chapter 4

Elise is tapping the printer with her right hand impatiently while biting her lower lip

Elise is tapping the printer with her right hand impatiently while biting her lower lip. She's occasionally running her  left hand through her hair. Her bangs are so messy, and it's very obvious how she might snap with one wrong move.

I can't help but secretly laugh and be amused at her. She had let Jim do our paper work in a major subject. And it seemed that Jim had forgotten to send her the output early. Now, she forgot that she needs to print it.

"Argh! This printer's slower than me finishing this semester!" she whined and kicked the printer lightly. She scratched her head in frustration.

Two guys who are waiting for us to finish printing are smirking at her. I knew it, they're checking her out. Elise looks cool and hot at the same time. I mean, she's always cool. But it's different when she's angry.

I caught her eyes and signalled that the guys were looking at her.

She immediately understood and turned to look behind her, right on time to see the guy smiling at her. "What?!"

I eyed her nervously. Why did I forget that this girl might go looking for a fight?

"Hey, we mean no harm. You're freshmen right?" the tallest of the guys said. He is wearing a bucket hat over his jet-black shoulder-length hair. His companion is a guy about my height, with round eyeglasses. Wait, they're seniors!

"Yes. So?"

I gasped. Elise is looking for a fight!

The guys laughed.

Elise laughed too, sarcastically. I took my phone and pretended I'm busy.

"Ah... nothing. Seems like you didn't know you shouldn't print heavily colored materials here." The bucket hat guy said, then pointed at the notice just above the printer.

[Due to cutting of costs for printing, we urge students to avoid printing heavily colored materials. You can edit your projects in a way that will be cost-effective but presentable at the same time.]

Elise scowled, "It says 'we urge students' not 'we order students'. I was not urged so--" I covered her mouth before she could say something more.

"Sorry, we didn't see. It's the first time we printed here," I said and smiled apologetically.

Elise removed my hands from her mouth, "Tss..." She took the printed report and placed them in a folder. Then she walked away without a word.

"Sorry for my friend, she's really nice, but it's just that... she's not in the mood..." I bowed to apologize.

"It's fine. It's the finals. We understood how everyone's on the edge," the eyeglass guy said. "By the way, I'm Marky." He offered a handshake.

I shyly accepted. Elise had already left, now I'm here exchanging handshakes with the seniors alone ( T^T)!