Chapter 6

Jasmine and Aunt Annaly are having a movie marathon when I arrived

Jasmine and Aunt Annaly are having a movie marathon when I arrived. I saw a cake and a big bowl of fruits on the table. 

"Rosie dear!" Auntie called, she's holding a glass of red wine. "Come here, let's watch--hey, are you okay?" She stood.

"Is that your guitar?" Jasmine asked.

"Yes, Jaz," I walked to the stairs. "I'm okay, Auntie. I'm just t-tired," I said and went upstairs. 

I hastened my steps in case Aunt Annaly asks more. JK's door is closed. Maybe he's still in school. It's almost 8pm. He told me yesterday he is completing some paperwork. 

The moment I reached my room, I opened the cabinets and took my suitcase. What's the use of staying here when my mother is at our house---

She hurriedly sent me here just four days ago, saying she's not coming back for two weeks. But it seemed she didn't really leave the country?

And that man...

He called her 'Love.'

Is he her boyfriend?

I looked at the guitar I put down on my bed. My tears fell. "Dad..."

My dad who left us early, I knew he doesn't want to. But he has no choice. 

My dad who have loved only my mom until his last breath.

My dad who haven't even seen me grow up, but gave me his voice, his passion for music.

My dad who gave me this guitar.

And now mom has a boyfriend.

I wiped my face. I began putting my clothes in the suitcase. I'm going back to my house. I'll stay there even if mom is there with her boyfriend. Or even if she will leave. I'll stay where Dad's memories are.

Knocks came at my door. I zipped the suitcase and went on packing my travelling bag. The door opened, and I heard Aunt Annaly's gasp.

"Roseanne, honey! Why--what--why are you packing?" She knelt down beside me, "Oh, why are you crying dear? Wait, did something happen? Did you and JK fight? Was there--"

I shook my head, "No, Aunt Annaly..." I sniffed, "It's Mom. She's here! She didn't tell me--and--and she has a boyfriend!"

Aunt Annaly looked at me sympathetically, but I saw that she wasn't surprised.

"Wait, Auntie... you---" The corner of my eyes burned, "You knew?"

"Well honey--"

"You knew but I didn't!"

"Rosie dear, Rhea wants to tell you but she... well she doesn't know how. She was planning to tell you... Well it was true that she was initially going to Paris but her boss's business venture got cancelled. I was the one who suggested that you stay here... And... And about her b-... well... I told Rhea you need to know as soon as possible..." Auntie sighed. "Dear, please don't leave like this."