Chapter 2

"JK honeeeey!"

"JK honeeeey!"

Mom's voice echoed throughout the whole garden the moment I got in.

It's apparent that she's been standing guard at the front door, waiting for me to come home. I closed the gate and went inside the house.

"Hi, mom. It's cold, why are you outside?"

She ignored my question and followed me inside, her face asking. "Honey, where's Rosie?"

"At home," I said and went to the kitchen.

She's still following me. "But honey... I thought she'd have dinner here? With Rhea? We planned everything for her party."

I almost choke in my glass of water, "Party?"

"Yep. For her admission to Malaya Business Academy! My goodness gracious, Rhea and I are both so excited! You know, I want to talk to her to have Rosie live here permanently-"

This time I choked real hard.

"W-What? Live where?" I said after I overcame the coughing, and stared watery-eyed at her. She smiled teasingly and pinched my left cheek.

"Aweee~ My son acting innocently!" she giggled. "You know... Rosie will live here when you get married so why bother waiting? Hihi..."

I wanted to put my palms on my face, but stopped because she might misunderstood it again.

When it comes to my relationship with Rose Anne, my mom is the most supportive. But she tends to misunderstand sometimes. Like what happened the other semester. Rose Anne and I were about to have a date one Saturday, but I cancelled it on the Friday evening because a problem came up with a group project in one of my major subjects. I told her my grades are important, and she misunderstood it as "Rose Anne is not that important" to me. She said things like I can move the date to a different time instead of cancelling it completely, and when I tried explaining my side, she cried and said she failed in raising me.

She's getting older, and she's being more sensitive so I am being patient with her. I know she really likes Rose Anne, but sometimes, I wonder if this is really my relationship or hers.

"Son. You're not listening me," Mom snapped. "I was asking where's Rose Anne? Wait, don't tell me you fought? Or you did not pick her from school like last t-"

"Mom, she's at home. And please, don't bother her because she's not feeling well." I placed the empty glass on the sink and went out before she can attack me about another time when I wasn't able to pick Rose Anne from school because of an overtime class.

Mom followed me, up to the stairs to my room. She's saying things I didn't bother to listen to, and when I was about to close my door, she got in faster than light.

"JK, tell me, what's going on." She crossed her arms. I noticed she's still wearing her apron. Looks like she cooked. I felt sorry for her for a second, because I know she prepared so much again this time. But then, she should have waited for the results of the admission exam before assuming anything.