Chapter 12

(HyoJin's P.O.V) 

Jimin glanced over at me as he sped hastily down the street. I was staring out the window carelessly, as the rain thudded hard against the car. 

In my mind, I was thinking about Hoseok and his girlfriend. They were lucky that they attended different schools, and just hung out outside of school where the public didn't even care. No one suspected anything, their popularity didn't matter, nothing like that. The people at school even had no idea. It's a whole different world out of 'School Of Performing Arts Seoul,' honestly..

I hadn't even noticed the car had stopped moving until Jimin nudged my arm lightly, which caused me to flinch.

He widened his eyes slightly, "what?" 

"Ah, it's nothing.. You just nudged it a little hard." I smiled forcefully.

He raised an eyebrow partially, before extending his finger to touch my shoulder, the same place he had nudged it, the same place that was bruising under my jersey.

"Don't!" I exclaimed as I flinched again, holding my shoulder defensively.

His expression fell and he looked out the window. We were parked outside a coffee shop.

"I'm sorry." he said in a voice just above a whisper, "for dragging you into my life. For being in the same school as you while people were abusing you, and I didn't know or do anything. I'm sorry the people at school suck. I am, honestly."

"Jimin-ah, don't- it's not your fault.." I trailed off, running my fingers through his soft black hair as he rested his head on the window.

He let out a sigh, before turning to face me. "Let's go in?"

Jimin and I sat down and drank hot chocolate, smiled and laughed, escaping from reality even if it was only for a little while. We went to the park, went to the arcade, bonded. Though we both felt tentative about unsettled school related problems for tomorrow, for now, things were okay.

[Thursday Morning]

(HyoJin's P.O.V)

Time heals. A common phrase we're all familiar with. But if that's so, then why was the second day of school since our relationship was revealed, worse?

Though the guys at school didn't seem to have negative feelings towards us, well, the ones who aren't friends with the protective girls, the wave of skeptic haters was growing for sure. By now, the entire school knew of the obscene rumors flying around about me.

Dance class was the easiest, because aside from foul looks, I had Jimin with me the whole time. And, obviously, Jungkook, Taehyung (who was only allowed to observe) and Hoseok. 

The rest of the classes, however, were not so pleasant. Snide remarks, glares, whispers.. Although the definition of 'whisper' may be subjective, and things being thrown at me, to top it off.

I almost lasted the whole day, until walking to my fifth period class when I bumped into a large group of girls.

The two girls, one on each end of the group of five, seemed to recognize me immediately; their expressions were a dead give away. My mind was filling up with 'oh great', 'here we go again', a flux of thoughts, before one girl actually spoke. "HyoJin? Lee HyoJin?" she raised a brow, and I looked at her face reluctantly. 

"Yes. I am." I said, before moving along past her, my shoulder accidentally brushing past hers.

Her sharp dramatic gasp was loud enough to draw eyes from people around, and I cursed myself for not being more careful. Good one, HyoJin.