Chapter 18

(HyoJin's P.O.V)

"So you're going to your fathers' on Sunday?" Taehyung brought up in the middle of our study session. It was Tuesday, close to six-thirty at night, and Taehyung and I were studying maths at the library in town. I had promised my mum pictures of the work so she'd believe me.

"Yeah, Jimin told you?" I assumed he had told the rest of the guys too, then.

"Mhmm. He seems pretty bummed about it." he muttered, flipping a few pages in a geometry book he had borrowed from a shelf earlier.

"I don't really want to go anyway.. But, I do.. it's complicated." I sighed, resting my cheek in the palm of my hand. I was already over this math stuff forty or so geometrical questions later.

"Tell me about it." Taehyung smiled thoughtfully as he shut the book, resting his chin in the palm of his hands. He looked at me and waited.

"You wanna know?" I raised my eyebrow.

"If you don't mind telling me?" he mimicked my raised brow and I giggled momentarily before going on to tell him about the divorce, the separation, and the new wife.

By the end of the story I felt drained and even more uncomfortable at the thought of going to stay with my father. I missed him, not as much as I used to though, but he had a wife now and wouldn't that make things.. awkward?

"Well.. I think its a good thing to try maintain a relationship with both of your parents - and maybe things will just go back to normal after a while once you're there." Taehyung offered his opinion and I listened, "his wife, does she have children?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Then that's one less hurdle to conquer.. the awkwardness will subside if you let it." he stated.

What made a lot of sense, really. Especially coming from someone who, no offense, had a pretty stable home life from what I could tell. His parents were married and still in love and he had a wonderful younger sister too. But then again, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

"Thanks Tae." I smiled feeling a litte relieved, "your advice is pretty golden."

He grinned, flattered, then said "That's what I'm here for."

---

Since Jimin had told me that he loved me, every time I saw him I felt giddy. He loved me.

That night, I felt like my heart was about to explode from how close he was to me when he spoke the words every smitten girl wants to hear.

"Lee HyoJin, I love you."

And, of course, I said it back.

"I.. I love you too, Park Jimin." I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder, trying to cover my blushing face with my hands. I felt so shy at that moment.

He chuckled, trying to uncover my face. When he succeeded, I was greeted by his smile, close to my own.

"Hey, shy girl.. I feel so lucky to have you, you know."