Chapter 9

(HyoJin's P.O.V)

I stared blankly at the white board in front of me in math, an empty space where Taehyung usually sat beside me.

It was Friday today, two days since Taehyung had gone to the hospital.. Well he went on Wednesday, which would make it almost three days, right? I haven't heard from him yet today, and it was already period three. I actually hung out with Jungkook at morning break after period two, because I couldn't find ShiAh and the rest of the guys were busy, so Jungkook sat with me instead of collecting free food.

-

The end of school bell finally rang and I still hadn't heard from Taehyung. Today in dance they were meant to announce the winners of the dance challenge we did but they postponed it. So I sat beside Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook as the class watched the screen which was on YouTube, showing us some cool dances.

I walked out the school gates, and I normally met Jimin at the bus stop after school but since I had my first day of work down at the dairy, I couldn't take the bus with him today.

As I walked down the road towards the dairy by myself, I heard Jungkook calling my name behind me. I turned around as I saw him running up to me, Jimin watching from the gates.

"You're going this way today? Ah you can walk me home then." he joked as I laughed.

"Actually, I have to-"

"Hey where are you guys going?" Jimin said as he suddenly appeared at Jungkook's side.

"She's walking me home." Jungkook teased, and I hit him playfully.

"What?" Jimin asked, surprised.

"Actually, I have to start work today at the dairy down there.." I said as I pointed down the road.

"Wow, what a coincidence. I have to go down there to pick something up for my.. mom." Jimin said with a smile. Sure you do, I thought to myself, fighting back a laugh. He was so obviously lying.

Us three walked down the street together, Jimin and Jungkook playfighting with each other over funny things. They always did this - it was really amusing.

When we neared the end, Jungkook crossed the road to go off onto another street.

"Bye Jungkook!" I called to him.

He waved to us. "Bye HyoJin, bye.. younger brother!" he giggled, and Jimin widened his eyes.

"Hey!" Jimin exclaimed, running after him as I stood there and laughed. Jimin got Jungkook into a headlock and was rubbing his hair. "What am I?" Jimin asked, trying to keep serious but he was giggling.

"My hyung!" Jungkook laughed as Jimin finally released him.

"That's more like it." Jimin rolled his eyes.

-

(Authors's P.O.V)

Myungsoo kept his hands clasped together making sure they wouldn't shake in front of the man sitting behind the desk he was in front of. The man looked over Myungsoo's paperwork, nodding to himself.

"And, it is to my understanding that your father will be back as boss tomorrow after me standing in for him for the last few months, correct?" he asked, keeping his eyes fixated on the paper before him.

"Yes, sir." Myungsoo replied.

"Why are you meeting with me, then?" he asked, looking up at the handsome boy in front of him.

"My father wanted me to have a fair chance at getting the job, instead of me getting the job by just his recommendation as his son, sir," he answered him calmly.