Chapter 27

(Jimin's P.O.V)

I gazed up at HyoJin's balcony while Taehyung went over to the front door, trying for some response. Her mum's car was gone, but I wasn't sure whether HyoJin was with her or not. She wouldn't leave her alone yet would she? Her mother is overly paranoid, so she could be back any minute if HyoJin's here alone.

I went to throw another hopeless stone before her balcony door clicked open and my heart sped up.

She stepped out, and I felt a wave of relief wash over me for some reason - just seeing her face must've been enough for me, I guess.

She had a quizzical expression and I swallowed and cleared my throat, before waving obliviously. "Hi."

She cocked her head to the side. "Uh, hey?"

I don't think I'll ever get used to her being confused at my presence, it's heart breaking..

"Taehyung and I," I pointed to his figure which was coming back into view, "came for a visit. Can we come in?"

She looked slightly hesitant but then abruptly nodded and dashed away from her balcony so suddenly it made my eyes widen.

The front door opened promptly and she motioned us in frantically. "Look," she said after we'd stepped in and she'd locked the door behind us, "my mum will be home soon and I need information from you guys. Please."

Taehyung and I looked at eachother. "What information?" I asked.

"Everything I've missed. You guys - you're my friends, right?"

I scratched the back of my neck. No, I'm your boyfriend. Why can't you remember me?

"Yeah. That's right." Taehyung said.

"It feels weird inviting strangers into my house," she commented, "I mean - I'm sorry that I can't remember you guys, you're not really strangers I guess but - I mean, I'm still processing things and-" She went on like she always does, she rambled cutely when she couldn't think exactly what she wanted to say. She was still the same. Just.. slightly different.

"Anyway," she motioned her hand as if to dismiss what she was previously trying to explain, "come upstairs."

Taehyung and I sat on her bed, neither of us felt particularly comfortable with the situation but then, why would we? HyoJin was right in a sense, we are complete strangers to her. So it's almost like we were in a strangers house too.

"I have one big question aside from my many other ones." She sat on her desk chair infront of us and sighed.

"Do either of you know why I was in a taxi on my way back into Seoul? It's the reason all of this happened and nobody seems to know why the hell I was in the taxi."

I shook my head. "Actually.. I was coming to meet you at the park and when I arrived, your phone was left on the ground and there was no sign of you."

Taehyung looked at me with slightly widened eyes. "Don't you think this is a bit much-"

"No." I interrupted him, and HyoJin was waiting for me to continue. "HyoJin I think.. I think you were kidnapped or something."

Her eyes almost bulged out of her head. "Kidnapped?! Why? By who?"

"I told you this is too much." Taehyung stood up and looked down at me.

I continued despite of him. "That's what I want to know too. I'll find out though, HyoJin."

Just then the sound of a car pulling up the drive way caught our attention and Taehyung and I sprang up. "I think you guys should make a run for it out the back door." HyoJin bit her lip, shooing us out.

We nodded promptly and Taehyung and I darted down the stairs and for the back door. Upon reaching the back door I felt up my pocket - empty. I had left my phone upstairs so I cursed and ran back up the stairs just as the front door clicked open.

"Shit shit shit," HyoJin mumbled as her mother called out, "hide here." She pushed me into the closet and closed it. I could see a little through the thin gaps between the slats of wood.

I was hoping that Taehyung wouldn't get caught.

Her mother's footsteps got progressively louder as she reached HyoJin's door, then pushed it open gently.

"Here you go," her mother passed her a bag, "by the way, Myungsoo just pulled up in the driveway."

HyoJin's eyes widened and a smile spread across her face. "Really? He is?"

Her mum nodded and in a flash, HyoJin was down the stairs. Did she just forget about me in her closet? Does she expect me to stand here playing piano tiles while I wait, or what?

(a/n): hi! yes an update! i actually wrote this last year, and i generally like to write over 2000 words per chapter (from what i can remember??) but i thought i'd give you guys this, because my writing style has probably changed a bit so this is what you guys are probably used to. anyway, i will begin the next chapter once i finish re-reading the whole thing so i can finish this story once and for all! yip, it's been 1 year and 9 months since i updated. sorry. enjoy?! - jen