Chapter 26

(HyoJin's P.O.V)

Shards of glass were scattered across the concrete, and my feet were bare and being cut. I couldn't speak but the pain was only dull enough for the smallest of whimpers to escape my lips as I walked aimlessly down a dark road. Nearing the end, I saw a figure wearing a grey sweater, and he had black hair. A smile spread across his face, which was incredibly handsome I noticed as I got closer, and he took my hand in his. It felt natural, so I went with it and suddenly we were in a park surrounded by grass, staring up at the clouds splayed out amongst the blue sky. Our hands were still together, and a soft warm breeze ran across my face and I turned to him. His eyes were on me and he still had the same smile, the sort of smile that made butterflies erupt in your stomach and cause an unstoppable blush. He said something, but I couldn't hear him. It was muffled and I couldn't make it out. I frowned and cocked my head to the side. "What?" I tried to say, but I more so just mouthed it because my words wouldn't come out. He didn't notice, though, and carried on talking and he reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before leaning in with closed eyes.

My eyes shot open and I took a while blinking at the white ceiling of the hospital room I was in. I was used to it, having been in the room, conscious, for a week now.

Within the first few seconds of waking up from my dream, it was almost completely gone from my mind. That'd been happening a lot, actually - very vivid dreams that would pass within a few seconds or minutes of consciousness.

I turned to my side and expected to see someone there, but there wasn't. There was a lot I had to learn about the past months I'd forgotten, but after my constant begging, my mother told me some important things.

So, this is what I'd learnt so far;
• I moved schools, but was not told why.
• I made a new group of friends at my new school. They hadn't visited yet and I guess there was no point because I wasn't going to remember them - except two guys came, but only once.
•I'd revisited my father and gotten closer with him and his wife - I wish I could remember that, a lot.
•My boyfriend, Myungsoo, bought me a recent model iPhone because he quit school and started working for his father's business. He always wears suits now. It's a really big change and I'm still not used to it.

My ribs are healing and my wrist will take longer to heal but I have to stay in hospital for more head testing. I've been getting migraines every now and then when I over think something, and they wanted to check up on it.

My doctor advised my mum not to drop any major bomb shells on me, like huge recent changes that could emotionally trigger me or give me migraines. That means not letting me see too many new pictures, nor having visitors pressuring me to remember their existence in my life. Yet.

But then how the hell am I meant to remember anything if I'm not being reminded?

I'm stuck here, confused. But I have to do mandatory rehab too.

What played on my mind the most was one of two things; why was I in a taxi back into the city? Why did the other two people involved in the crash die, but not me? I felt beyond terrible about it. The second thing, I couldn't get out of my mind, was the two guys who visited me. They were two guys who I'd befriended at my new school, according to my mother. But the look in Jimin's eyes when I couldn't remember him.. It upset me. Deep down, somewhere, it really upset me. I wish the name Jimin rang a bell. But it doesn't. I can only feel it in my gut.