8. The Great Reveal

Bailey knocked on the front door to Courtney's house

The door opened revealing Barbara, Courtney's mom.

"Uh Hi, is Courtney here?" Bailey asked.

Barbara replied. "No, but she'll be home in a moment. Are you a friend?" Barbara let Bailey into the house.

"Uh friends, yeah sure." Bailey saw Barbara smile.

"I never asked, what's your name?" Barbara asked.

"Bailey." Bailey answered. "Bailey Constantine."

"Well then Bailey Constantine, I'm Barbara Whitmore, Courtney's mom and you can wait for her in her room if you like." Barbara offered, Bailey started to head up the stairs. "But someone is already in there, just warning you!"

After what had happened last night, Bailey wouldn't find herself going into Courtney's house, pushing her door open only to fine Beth Chapel wearing some googles instead of her normal circle glasses.

"Oh hey Bailey!" Beth waved at Bailey, who smiled.

"Beth, what are you doing here? Does Courtney know you're here?" Bailey questioned.

"Huh? That's funny." Beth said, ignoring Bailey's questions.

"What do you mean?" Bailey asked, slight concern in her voice.

"Your last name is wrong." Beth stated. "Wait no, Chuck says it right."

"Beth, what's my last name on those googles or whatever those are." Bailey questioned.

"Well A, these aren't ordinary googles and to answer your question, from what I'm reading your last name is-" Beth started.

The door opened, revealing Courtney.

"What are you doing in my room?" Courtney questioned Beth.

Beth gasped and ignored her question. "Oh Chuck, tell me about her." Beth tells Chuck, the AI that pretty much controls the googles.

Courtney looked at Bailey with a confused look, Bailey only shrugged.

"These things are like Wikipedia on rocket fuel." Beth gushed to herself. "I wonder what else it could do."

"Take those off." Courtney told Beth.

Beth gasped, moving her arms in an x motion.

Courtney looked at Beth, she had no idea what Beth was doing with the googles, Bailey could only think about what Beth was going to say.

"This is totally bonkers." Beth said to herself.

"The googles are something my step-dad is working on." Courtney lied to Beth.

"False. These were invented by Dr. Charles McNider after he lost his sight fighting the mob." Beth informed Courtney, who shut the door, not wanting anyone to hear."They helped a blind man see. He put on a mask and became Dr. Mid-Nite. Later joining the Justice Society of America."