chapter thirty

BILLIE

it's been two weeks since i told josh i needed some space for a bit, and also two weeks since i got rid of our baby.

if you're wondering why i did so, life's just been too overwhelming for me and i just needed some space to exhale, and some time to myself.

nia barged into my room as i jump.
"have you checked on josh today?" she asks as i shake my head.

"no, i just woke up" i groan as i stretch. "what happened?"

"i dunno, taurus just texted me saying josh is going through it right now" she said.

"what do you mean by that?" i ask, sitting up.

"well, he's been drinking, smoking, and he doesn't want to talk to anyone. nobody knows what to do." nia says, an apologetic look on her face.

i felt this deep guilt inside me. was it all my fault he's an absolute mess right now?

i didn't realize i was being to much in my head until nia spoke up.

"billie??? billie!!!" she snapped as i jump up.

"it's okay, i'll just- i'm gonna go check on him, alright?" i sigh, getting up to go to the bathroom.

in there, i quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth, and put my hair in a ponytail, leaving two strands out, just like josh likes it.

i then put this on.

i then walk out the bathroom, going back into the room getting my phone and charger, and as i walk out i check myself out in the mirror

tiddies about to buss out? good.

i then hug nia, her mouth full of froot loops as i walk out the door.

i get a few looks shot at me as i walk through the food hall, one coming in front of me.

"can you please move out my way? i have places to go." i scoff as the dude snorts.

"aren't you the chick that got knocked up by josh?" he says as i just roll my eyes and leave.

i walk to his building, and on my way there, same old shit. i go up the elevator to his floor and then i walk to his hallway. his hallway always smells like weed but, i could smell it from the elevator.

i walk up to the door, knocking on it as i wait, footsteps eventually approaching. here goes nothing...

i then feel the door swing open. it was josh, but he looked different. all the life was sucked out of him, and he smelled different.

"what do you want billie" he says dryly as i just give him my bitch face.

"i came here because people told me you aren't doing fine. and they were right...." i say, scrunching my nose on the last part.