Chapter Eleven: Mother's Angry

Anastasia's POV
~~~

As we reached my street, the rain was coming to a drizzle. It was very light and soft, not heavy and hard like the previous rain. The day had passed by without another word and it was almost 6:00pm. Even though the street lights were on, the did no good in the dark, ominous fog that settled around us.

As we walked up the walkway, I noticed moms car parked in the garage. 'That's weird....' I thought to myself, 'mom usually isn't home by this time....'

William held my hand as we made our way to the door. I never noticed how odd it really looked until then...an old oak wood door with a golden door handle and weird abstract drawings and patterns carved into it. Then to have it attached to a big, white, ordinary house? It looked pretty strange to me.

At the door, I looked over and smirked at William. "My mom is going to kill me...." I told him.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna go down with you." He replied.

And as we turned to face the door, it swung open. All you could see was a tall, middle aged blonde standing there, on the verge of what seemed to be a mental breakdown....

"ANASTASIA! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED YOU HAD ME AND YOUR FATHER??? YOU COULD'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED OR LOST, AND WE WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN!!!!" She screamed at me, "AND WHO IS THIS GUY??? HAVENT WE TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK TO STRANGERS??!!!??"

"Mom.....calm down....I went for a walk. And this is William. My boyfriend I've told you about....he walked me home but I wanted to take the long way." I explained.

"Well, the long way has sure gotten you into a long punishment. So William, I suggest you go on home while I have a talk with your little girlfriend, AKA, my daughter" she said coldly.

William looked at me, then looked down....then he looked over at my mom and asked 'could we get a few minutes alone together?'

"Absolutely not!" Mt mom said, and that was that.

So then he looked at me once more, leaned over, gave me a hug and whispered "I love you" in my ear.
"I love you too...." I whispered back.

Then he backed off, said goodbye, and was on his way as my mom dragged me inside.

"Oh my god!!!! Why did you tell me about him???? He's adorable!!! You didn't tell me that!!!!" She spat out giddily.

"Huh?.....but.....you were just...what???" I said exasperated.

"Sorry I made a scene, but I just wanted to talk to you longer about it!!!" She explained.

"Oh....okay?....." I somewhat asked.

"Start from the very beginning! I want to hear everything!!!"

So I started from the beginning. From when we first met. And my mom actually listened for once...even if her work called, nothing could take her attention away.

•••