Lui Chi

Lui Chi Pov

"Did you know them?" Miranda's timid voice rang in my ears.

By them I assumed she meant those people at the table surrounding Yoongi.

"No." I answered curtly, slightly annoyed at the mention of them.
"..Oh."

I glanced at my little sister. She held both hands in her lap, a tell of hers that told me she had more to ask. I sighed as we sat at our booth. She wasn't looking in my direction but at the table where Yoongi once sat.

"I knew one of them." I reluctantly mentioned.

She turned to me slowly, her brown doe eyes wide with curiosity.

"Right,"
"Yoongi?" Her voice wavered in the slightest.

Mira, along with everyone else I was close to, knew that Yoongi was a forbidden topic. Although for her, I would gladly talk about him to avoid any anxiety; when she got anxious, it was horrible. Borderline panic attack horrible.

So, although I strongly disliked discussing him, in this case, I would oblige.

Whilst running a hand through my hair, I spoke.

"Yoongi." I nodded.
"Right."

Miranda grabbed her tea - she hated coffee - and took a small sip, her eyes cast downward while the steam rose to the top.  After setting it down, both of her hands fell to her lap. I knew that she wanted to speak and my patience began to run low.

"Spit it out Miranda." My voice came out harsh and irritated.

She jumped at my tone of voice and looked away from me, annoying me even further.

"Come on Mira, stop being so damn quiet and just ask."
"Fine." She spit, her timid demeanor gone for a second.

"What did you do to him?"

I allowed a tsk to escape my lips followed by laughter, fueled by disbelief.

"And what makes you think I did anything?" I challenged.

She could tell that I was trying to avoid giving an answer and I hated that she knew me so well.

"Why are you dodging the question?"

As she lifted her cup, her eyes stared into my soul.

"So, what did you do?"

"Nothing. Are you gonna finish your tea?" The question being a rather sad attempt to distract her.

My little sister, however, glared at the question, clearly annoyed with my reluctance to answer her question.

"Chi, don't keep avoiding my question. You know I'll find out anyway so it's better if it comes from you."

Scoffing, I roll my eyes and take a sip of my coffee, it's bitterness satisfying my taste buds. The caffeine is strong and very much needed for this conversation.

"You say that every time Mira, it's been 3 years. Whoever is your informant is doing a hell of a job for you to 'faking' that you don't know."

As white as the first fall of snow in the winter, my sister's cheeks turn a bright, tomato red. She tucks a short strand of brown hair behind her ear, probably thinking of a rebuttal.

"I-" She pauses.

"I-I just wanted to hear it from you! My informant is very ... in... forming — thank you very much!"