Close Enough

Peter and Kitty laid beside each other in Peter's bed, Kitty wearing one of his shirts stating "I Survived My Trip To New York City" and her own pair of red short with pirate crossbones on them.

Peter wore his pink Hello Kitty pajama pants and a simple grey t-shirt, the two gazing at their spinning ceiling fan in the dark bedroom with the lights of Manhattan illuminate it enough to see anything in the room.

"I used to love hanging out in your old bedroom." She breaks the silence, the sense of nostalgia makes her crack a small smile as she runs her fingertips around the Star of David around her neck.

"I miss the old stuff I used to have in there, especially that old computer I repaired on my own."

"Oh yeah, you managed to get it to play the first Halo game on it without the console." She looks to him still smiling, impressed by his early on intelligence with technology and Science.

"You're a genius yourself you know, I never seen anyone else make a makeshift satellite to get 200 channels even the international ones."

"Daw, well I also do know how to fully control and navigate a highly advanced supersonic jet owned by another renowned genius." She chuckles, the two gazing into each other's brown eyes with the sounds of the city creating a ambience around themselves.

"Whatever happened to us Peter?" She quietly asks, herself curious about their previous relationship.

"I guess we were just two worlds apart back then Kitty. Times were changing and we got older." He replies with a sigh, thinking back on how everything in the past 5 years of his life was a emotional rollercoaster.

"I'm sorry about May Pete, I wanted to go so bad when I heard but I couldn't." She looks down at the bed sadden, May felt like her own aunt as well during the time she spent around her and the last several years she felt disappointed she wasn't there for Peter at the funeral.

Peter gently cups her chin and lifts her up to face his eyes once more, a understanding look on his face.

"I was never upset you didn't show and neither would May, I know how much she meant to you as well Kitty." Peter assures her, Kitty holding his hand in hers while the two take a moment to console with each other.

Lockheed chirps, hopping on top of the bed walking to them making the two turn to Lockheed and smile at the small dragon.

"Wow, can't believe you got your own dragon now it's crazy!" Peter says to Kitty as he gently pets the purple dragon, Lockheed rubbing against his hand like a cat seemingly pleased at the man.

"Quite a story how we've met but me and Lockheed have been by each other's side since, he's a companion not a pet to me." She explains to Peter, scratching Lockheed in his favorite spot smiling warmly at the dragon watching him melt under her touch.

Lockheed moves around the bed and accidentally turns on the tv, showing them the old scifi monster film THEM! (1954) as black and white giant ants go around attacking people.

Peter and Kitty begin to chuckle at the cheesy monster flick, Peter begining to make Ant-Man quips throughout that turn Kitty into a guffawing mess.

"When did you become such a comedian?" Kitty tries to catch her breath, wiping her eyes impressed Peter's comedy gotten better over the years.

"Hey I gotta always work on my punchlines, I'm a professional after all." Peter jokes, Kitty leaning her fluffy head against his shoulder as the two smile and continue to watch the old flick till they feel their eyes become heavier.

The two peacefully fall asleep against each other, their hands interlocked as Lockheed turns off the tv and curls up in Kitty's curly mane to finally be the last one asleep.

End of Chapter 3