Chapter 2

"The hooded cultist chant, Hail lord Vecna, Hail lord Vecna. They turn to you, remove their hoods. You recognise most of them from Makbar" Eddie narrates.

You and the whole team begin to panic, there was only one way for this to go and it was going to go badly.

"But there is one you don't recognise. His skin shrivelled and something else... He is not only missing his left arm, but his left eye!"

"No, No, No!" You all shout.

"Vecna's dead, he was killed by Kas!" You said.

"So it was thought my friends, so it was thought" Eddie smiled his devilish smile.

'This is definitely going to end badly' You thought to yourself.

"You're tired and injured. Do you flee Vecna and his cult? Or stand your ground and fight?" Eddie asks.

"I say we fight!" You said, although you knew how this was going to end you still wanted to give it all you've got. "To the death"

"To the death! To the death! To the death!" They all chanted.

You all looked at the board thinking of your next moves and what tactics you could use.

"Wait, team meeting!" Dustin pauses the game and you all gather around.

"Guys I think we should flee" He suggested.

"Didn't we just say to the death?" You said.

"It wasn't literal" Mike said.

"Vecna just destroyed us, we can't kill him with only two players"

"He has 15 hit points left! Don't be such pussies" You tell them.

"Pussies really? Cause we're not delusional" Dustin adds.

"Delusional? How about not cowards?"

"Hey!" Eddie interrupts "Gentlemen, Y/N. Whilst I respect your passion, there is no shame in running" He adds.

"One sec" Dustin says. "Y/N how many hit points you got left?" He asks.

"Only twelve" You answer.

"It's your call" Dustin says.

You all turn back to the board.

"What do you say Y/N?" Eddie asks.

"You really got to ask?" Clearly they needed a direct answer as sarcasm wasn't really their thing. "Let's kill that son of a bitch!"

"But the chances to win is 20-1" Mike says.

"Never tell me the odds" Dustin said as he got read to roll the dice. "Give me the D20" He whispers into it before he throws.

The dice rolls. The waiting was killing you, you really wanted to win, you all did.

"That's a miss" Eddie says as the dice lands.

"Shit!" Dustin replied.

You step up to the board ready to roll the die, you prayed that this was the winning roll and you take down Vecna. You shake the dice and release it from your hand.

"Please, come on. Please" You begged for it to be a hit.

The dice lands. The room went silent. You all wait in anticipation for Eddie to talk.

"Crit hit!" He says.

"Yes!" The whole group cheers in excitement.

You hit Vecna, he was destroyed. You won!