Chapter 11

"Henderson, now would be a great time to tell us where to run to!" You said down the radio as you and Eddie run through the woods.

You had no idea where you were going but you were hoping for some kind of safe space to appear along the way so you could hide there.  There was still no answer from Dustin.

"Fuck! You shouted. "We're so fucked, I don't even know where to go"

You kept running, you were pretty sure you were just going around in circles as everything in the woods looked the same and there was nothing to point you in the right direction.

"Over there!" Eddie pointed out.

In front of you was a giant rock, you were sure you recognised this place but you couldn't quiet put your finger on it. You and Eddie hid inside and waited for Dustin to contact you again.

"Great" You moaned. "It's freezing cold and we're stuck under some stupid rock in the middle of no-"

You stopped, you realised where you were. Skull rock. Steve had taken you out here before and you remembered because you both carved your names into the rock.

"Eddie try the radio again" You told him.

"Dustin can you hear us? Wheeler?" Eddie tried again on the radio.

It was silence for a moment. "Guys holy shit. Are you okay?" Dustin replied.

"Nah, man, Pretty god damn far from okay"

"Where are you?"

"We didn't know where to run so we're at Skull Rock. Do you know it?" He asked hoping the answer was yes.

"Uh- yeah. That's near Cornwallis and-"

"Garret, yeah I know where that is." Steve interrupted.

"Hold tight, we're coming. We're coming" The radio went off.

Finally a little hope. They knew where you were and they were coming to get you.

You noticed the sadness in Eddie's eye, You've been trying your best to keep each other happy with everything that has been going on but it's finally catching up to you.

"Hey" You grabbed hold of his hand. "We're going to be alright, okay?"

He nodded his head, it still didn't seem believable none of it did. He noticed you shivering a little and offered you his leather jacket, draping it around your shoulders.

"How's your head?" He asked.

"Yeah the headache is pretty much gone" You told him.

"Good, you almost scared be back there pompoms" He looked at you concerned.

"Eddie honestly I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about"

You lied, you'd been having headache for a while but always played it off as stress due to school but now school was over you had nothing to blame them on, they were just headaches, really painful headaches.

You and Eddie were bored out of your mind, you had nothing to do. You gave up with drawing in the dirt and you were fed up of moping around after yourselves.

Eddie suddenly got a random burst of energy and jumped up. "Come on" He held out his hand. "We're going rock climbing" He said.

You laughed as he pulled you up off the ground. "What? Rock climbing?"

"Yeah might as well. I know what Dustin is like with directions" He jumped onto the rock. "We'll be here a while"

"I suppose so" You said as you joined him on top of the rock.