Chapter 18

You arrived at 'The Army Zone' safely and no one caught you, Steve parked round the back so Eddie had a lesser chance of being seen. Everyone got out of the trailer and made their way into the shop but you didn't, you wanted to stay with Eddie. 

There wasn't many words spoken between the two of you, you were both just resting on the sofa in each others arms. 

"Eddie?" You said quietly, not wanting to disturb the piece.

"Mhmm" He mumbled.

"You're nothing like your father, you're twice the man he would ever be" You tried to comfort him.

"It's a little hard believing that when I'm literally following in his footsteps"

"No! Don't think like that. You're an amazing guy, you're doing all of this to save Hawkins. You're a hero Eddie, you're my hero" You held his hand and squeezed it gently.

"Hero? I don't think so. Coward maybe but I'm no hero" His voice was quiet.

"Well even if you don't see it, I do, that's why I lo-" You paused.

You was really about to say 'I love you' You've only known Eddie for a week, feelings of love isn't possible, it's too early, there's no way you love him, but then again sometimes you just know and you have to run with it. 

Eddie looked up at you. Puppy dog eyes, he was almost waiting for you to say those three words, three words to make everything better, to make everything go away, but it was too soon. You only called Eddie your boyfriend for the first time today, how can you go from that to 'I love you' in the space of a couple hours. You tried your best to ignore what you just said and gave Eddie an awkward smile, the glimmer of hope in his eyes was now lost once again and you began to question whether you would ever see it again. 

"So um, boyfriend huh?" He managed to divert the subject quiet quickly.

You looked at him, your smile was no longer awkward, it was genuine. "Yeah. It felt right. I know we said we wouldn't-"

Your sentence was interrupted by Eddie's lips crashing against yours. It wasn't 'I love you' but it was 'This is Eddie. My boyfriend' and although it wasn't exactly the words Eddie wanted to hear or in fact say back to you, it was still something and it meant everything to him. His hand wrapped behind your neck holding your hair as he leaned deeper into the kiss. The raw emotion felt by both of you went into every ounce of that kiss, the feeling of love, you couldn't say it to one another but you could show each other and maybe even soon you would finally be able to say it. 

His lips lingered for a little longer before he pulled away, staring into your gorgeous eyes as he broke contact. "I like it." He said. 

"This is Y/N. My girlfriend" He tested the words like you did earlier and it sounded perfect. You was everything Eddie wanted and more, he wouldn't dare tell you this but he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with you.

"We gotta go" Dustin burst through the door.

"What's going on?" You asked.

"Lucas's old friends are here" Max said. 

"Shit"

"Drive Steve, drive!" Dustin shouted as everyone placed the new armour of weapons down and sat in their seats.

Steve pressed his foot on the gas a drove off without it looking too suspicious. You made it out of sight of the store and made your way to the field where you could all sort out your weapons. 

*Later*

You arrived at the field hidden in plain sight and all sat in separate groups preparing for battle. You, Eddie and Dustin were altogether, Nancy, Robin and Steve and finally Max and Lucas where all in their own groups. You had already discussed earlier that these where the groups you would be staying in when it came to defeating Vecna. You three were making some pointy shields whilst Nancy was sawing the edge of her shotgun off, Steve and Robin were making flame throwers and Max and Lucas was making spears. 

Eddie was proud of his creation and held it up in the air to show everyone. "How's she feeling?" Dustin asked.

Eddie waved it in the air a little more. "Light. But durable... Deadly but reliable" Eddie told him.

You could hear Dustin's laugh over the sounds of Eddie messing around. "I'd be a little worried if it wasn't deadly" You added.

"Hear me now" Eddie raised his arm still talking to Dustin completely ignoring you. "There will be no more retreating! From Eddie the banished" 

"Whoop!" You cheered him on. 

"Yeahhh, you're really ready for bat-tle" Dustin said laughing to himself.

"Huh?" You were confused.

"You get it? Battle? B.A.T" He looked disappointed that Eddie wasn't impressed with his joke. "I though it was a good one"

Eddie then looked over to you and gave you his cheeky grin, you knew he had something in mind but you wasn't sure what. He then charged into Dustin almost knocking him on the floor. 

"What are you doing!" He laughed trying to keep himself steady.

Eddie let go off him and as he did Dustin realised what was going on. "You son of a bitch!" He charged straight back into Eddie.

"Guys! Be careful please." You mothering side came out as you became slightly concerned over their play fighting. 

Eddie then grabbed hold of Dustin's pants and all you could hear was Dustin scream. "No wedgies! No wedgies!"

Eddie stopped and grabbed hold of Dustin. Smiling at him as he did so. "Never change. Dustin Henderson" He moved his hair off his face. "Promise me?" He gently tapped his back.

Dustin looked slightly confused. "I wasn't planning on it" He told him.

"Good." Eddie said. "Good" 

"Good" Dustin said laughing.

Eddie tapped him on the back once more before releasing Dustin from his grasp. He looked over to you and saw you laughing at the both of them. 

"Now I would like you to introduce you to someone" Eddie said to Dustin walking over to you. 

Dustin once again looked confused. "Umm this is Y/N.?" He said confused.

"Correction. This is Y/N, my girlfriend" He said with a gigantic smile on his face.

"Holy shit are you kidding?" Dustin asked sarcastically.

"No, why would I be?" Eddie asked.

"Maybe because we've been acting like a couple for this past week and he gathered we were already dating" You suggested.

Eddie looked at Dustin to see if you were correct in what you were saying. Dustin just nodded. He then laughed. "Well good luck with him, Y/N" He joked.

You laughed. "Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get"

"I'm right here" Eddie said.

You laughed at him as you pulled him back to the ground, wrapping your arms around him pulling him close to your chest. 

"Eww guys. Get a room!" Dustin protested.

You could see in that moment that you had your own little family. You and Eddie and of course Dustin who was practically just as much as a kid as Eddie but you didn't mind. You wouldn't change it for the world. 

"Get use to it Dustin. I'm going to be hanging out with you more often. You'll never get rid of me" You laughed.

"Hey Lucas! How you doing with them spears?" Dustin asked avoiding any eye contact from you and Eddie and your little romantic situation.