Chapter 20

Dustin pulled you up from the ground and helped you back on your feet. "Come on, were not leaving him!" He said. "We can't leave him there!" He told you.

You wiped your tears. "How?" Was the only words you were able to conjure. 

Dustin didn't say a word, he grabbed a chair from the kitchen and pulled it under the gateway. "We're going to have to jump" He told. 

You looked at him confused, if you go through there was a high chance of injury and you definitely couldn't help save Eddie on that, but judging by the height, you've flipped higher than that in cheer practice and could probably land it without hurting yourself and then place the mattress down for Dustin to get through. You nodded at Dustin. 

Grabbing hold of the sheets you pulled yourself up and the flipped through, thankfully not hurting yourself. You looked back up at Dustin and you knew straight away that you couldn't risk his life too. You moved the mattress a little towards the gate but not far enough for Dustin to land on, you knew if you left him there he would just find a way himself and follow you through. 

"I'm so sorry Dustin" You said to him as you ran after Eddie. 

"Y/N, No!" 

You ran out of the door and followed the sound of the bats screeching. "Eddie!" You screamed hoping he would hear you but there was no reply.

You heart sunk. Seeing the swarm of bats surround him. You screamed his name causing enough attention to get the bats to fly over to you. Eddie screamed back trying to get them to come back to him. He was already battered and bruised from the biting, his clothes covered in blood. 

"Eddie! You need to go back. Dustin needs you!" You screamed.

"And I need you, I'm not leaving you" He shouted again getting the bats attentions. 

You could tell that this would be a screaming match between the two of you trying to fight of the bats for yourselves. The bats swarmed back over to Eddie and you had no more energy to scream. You ran over to Eddie. You heard a loud scream before you saw him drop to the ground. 

"Eddie no!" You screamed running over to him faster. 

You could see the bats fly onto him, biting and ripping his skin apart. You dropped to your knee's pulling the bats off from him, trying to fight them off whilst saving Eddie and protecting yourself. 

"Eddie please" You began to cry. "I love you. Please don't do this to me. You have to fight, please" 

He looked up at you and tried his best to fight off the bats and when he heard another voice call his name he began to fight even harder. 

"Eddie, Y/N!" Dustin yelled.

"Dustin! Go back" You warned him.

But he ignored you, he limped towards the both of you clearly injured.

"Eddie please, you have to fight, we can't let Dustin get hurt" But it was no use, Eddie had given up, he had no more strength, he was bleeding out and the bats were still attacking. You tried your best to defend yourself but with the bites the bats had left you and the injuries you sustained earlier from Vecna opening up again, you began to find it harder. You then did the only thing you could do to save Eddie, you huddled over his body stopping the bats from attacking him, it worked as he was no longer yelling in pain and the bats were no longer attacking him but they were attacking you.

"Y/N, stop. get out of here. Please" Eddie muttered, his breath weak and shallow.

You let out a screech as one of the bats bit you in the side causing you to collapse on the floor no longer protecting Eddie.

"Y/N!" Dustin screamed.

You and Eddie both laid on the floor completely lifeless, bleeding out. Finding it hard to breathe, struggling to catch your breath. You could hear Eddie wheezing. 

"Hey pom poms" He said to you, lying on the ground reaching out for your hand.

You looked at Eddie and began to cry. "At least we don't have to worry about lunch with your father" He laughed a little but it turned into a splutter of pain.

"Hey!" Dustin screamed trying to get the bats attention. You and Eddie completely oblivious to the pain they were all putting you in.

The bats flew away, no longer attacking both of you. Dustin ran over to you both, bleeding out. "Oh God!Guys!" He shouted.

Eddie looked up at him. "Bad, huh?" He asked.

You could feel your breath becoming weaker and weaker by the second. "I wouldn't say bad" You tried your best to laugh but you were in too much pain.

"No, no, no. We just need to get you both to a hospital, okay?"

"Okay" You both agreed weakly as your breathing begun to deteriorate.

"Alright" Dustin said as he slowly began to pull you both up on the ground, getting you to sit up.

You could hear Eddie struggling and you knew if he was struggling to sit up you definitely would too, you got the brunt of the injuries on your back when you were trying to protect him as well as the injuries from Vecna.

"I need a second, I need a second, okay?" He protested trying to get up

You and Eddie still both lied on the ground holding hands, not daring to let get of each other. Dustin looked over the both of you crying, he knew he was going to lose his best friends and there was nothing he could do about it.

"I didn't run away this time right?" He asked.

You squeezed his hand. "No, you didn't run away" Dustin said. 

"You were a hero Eddie, my hero" You whispered.

Eddie looked at Dustin, trying his best not to cry. "You're going have to look after those little sheep for me, okay?"

"No! You're gonna do that yourself" Dustin protest.

"Nah, man. Say I'm gonna look after them" He told him. "Say it"

Dustin sobbed, wiping his tears. "I'm gonna look after them" 

"Good" Eddie said. "Cause I'm actually gonna graduate" He chuckled weakly.

"Got to pass Ms. O'Donnell's class first" You told him, trying to make the best of your last moments together.

"I think it's my year, Henderson" He spoke only to Dustin now, Dustin nodded in agreement. Eddie was struggling to breathe more and more. "I think it's finally my year"

"Dustin" You said weakly. "I guess you won't have to get use to being with me all the time now" Tears fell down your cheek.

"Y/N please" Dustin said pleading you to stay alive. "I'll get use to you, you can be with us every day, can't she Eddie?" He asked crying.

"You've got this Dustin. I'm so proud of you" You struggled to talk.

"I love you man" Eddie said.

Dustin cried even more. "I love you too"

Eddie's breathing was becoming more shallow, he finally turned to you and smiled. "I love you so much pom poms"

You turned to look at him. "I love you too, Eddie" Were your finally words as you struggled to take your last breath. 

A tear shed down Eddie's face as he watched the love of his life die in front of him. "Dustin-" Eddie said looking up at him as he took his last breathe and died in Dustin's arms.

"Eddie! Y/N!" Dustin tried to shake you both awake but it was no use.

He huddled both of you in his arms and cried into your lifeless bodies. You both died holding each others hand not letting go, even in death.

Dustin knew deep down that no matter what he did he wouldn't be able to bring you back but one thing for sure was that you both died hero's and you finally said 'I love you' to Eddie like you planned on saying to him earlier.