Chapter 5

COUNCIL OF PEACE, SPACE STATION 7, EARTH ORBIT
COUNCIL OF PEACE SPACE STATION
AUGUST 30, 2100

The door to the conference room slid open. Unlike the last time Alex had been there, the room was only occupied by a few Council members and Benjamin Crane.

"Please take your seat," said one of the Council members.

The Head of the Council stood. "I decree an informal meeting. We all know one another."

Alex was dumbfounded for a moment. He never had had an informal meeting.

"Alex Maxon you are currently at warning status," the Head said.

"For what?" Alex asked.

"According to official reports filed by Crane Military Corporation, your ship, The Eagle, attacked a Crane Corporation ship in one of their quadrants," the Head explained.

Alex stared, mouth gaping, at the Council members.

"Now," the member with the responsibility of recording things and making them official stood and said. "In accordance with the Laws of Peace, set by the Council of Peace, in which all of its associates agreed to upon induction, the Atlis Military Corporation is under warning. Any offense the the Crane Military Corporation will result in the dismissal of the Atlis Military Corporation from the Council of Peace and allow attack from the Crane Military Corporation. Do you, Commander Alex Maxon, understand and agree to these terms?"

"I do," Alex replied.

"Thank you," the Head said. "Dismissed."

Alex shook hands with the Council, and then turned to face Crane. Once again he saw it, evil and hate. But this time an evil grin was spread across his face.