Chapter 18

NEW HOPE AIR FORCE BASE, PHOENIX, ARIZONA
ATLIS INSTALLATION
JANUARY 1, 2112

Lights flashed. Many announcements echoed over New Hope Air Force Base. Jets were being fueled. Over a million EMPs were being loaded into the planes.

Alex stood in the Air Traffic Control Tower. He had a plan. Access to the main floor of the tower.

A guard approached him. "Commander," he said. "Dr. Hemera is here for you."

Alex waked into the hall. Dr. Hemera was waiting.

"Alex," she said. "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" Alex asked.

"Ataline, you AI chip, was developed from Scorpion technology that was intended for the Atlis 2025 team. Scorpio built it to control Garry Hines, Ezekiel Maxon, Elijah Tolbert, and Tyler Cooper. We developed the chip from the original Scorpion algorithms. Have you been feeling homicidal or suicidal?" she asked.

"No," Alex replied. "If you excuse me, I must prepare for launch."

Dr. Hemera followed him and slipped inside.

"Alpha pilots are a go," Alpha said.

"Bravo is go," Bravo said.

"Charlie is go," Charlie said.

"Delta is go," Delta said.

"Alpha launch," Alex said as the planes taxied and took off.

The other three followed in suit.

"We are 5,000 feet from target," Alpha said.

Alex pressed a button and took over the planes. He had sent them on a suicide mission.

"Our planes have been taken over," all of the pilots were saying.

"Sir, why did you engage ground to air flyer?" one of the tower lieutenants asked.

Alex turned around and shot the witnesses. He stopped at Dr. Hemera.

"Alex," she whispered. "Please."

He shot her.

Alpha hit in three, two, one. Bravo, Charlie, and Delta hit soon after, their EMPs detonating, knocking out the rockets.

Alex looked at the trajectory screen. It's estimated landing was New York City as the epicenter.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!