Chapter 16

GRAND ARIZONA RESORT AND SPA, PHOENIX, ARIZONA
SECRET ATLIS INSTALLATION
SEPTEMBER 2, 2111

Alex arrived at the Grand Arizona Resort on the second. He entered the lobby and immediately recognized the security detail trying to blend in. There was a woman with a baby at the check-in desk. A man with a brief case stood in the corner trying and failing not to look suspicious. The last he noticed was a family, with children agents, on a couch. Of course something that helped was the facial recognition that Ataline had. The woman was Secret Operations Officer Natalie Pear. The man was Secret Security Lieutenant Barron Von Ale. In the family was Secret Security Lieutenant Mike Water, Secret Security Lieutenant Nancy Water, Secret Operations Officer Halie Canan, and Secret Operations Officer Bob Shirley. Both Halie and Bob were teen officers.

Alex walked to the check-in desk. A man called on him.

"Hello sir. Welcome to Grand Arizona. Last name?" he asked.

According to facial recognition, he was an Atlis Field Officer.

"Maxon," Alex replied.

"Alex Maxon," he said. "Your name sounds familiar. Wait! Your the Atlis man they found and brought back from the dead!"

"That I am sir," Alex replied. This guy obviously trying real hard to play his part.

"Wonderful!" he said, joyfully. "I have you here for a two night stay. Correct?"

"Yep!" Alex said. He leaned close and whispered, "How many are not Atlis?"

He whispered back, "We limited it 37% non-Atlis personnel, Mr. Maxon."

He slid a room key across the counter. "Here's your keys. Enjoy your stay Mr. Maxon."

"Thank you," Alex responded.

Alex took the keys and went outside. A man beckoned to him.

"Sir, may I escort you to your room?" he asked.

Alex leaned and whispered in his ear, "I enjoy the extra security, but I'm fine. Here's what I need you to do: I need a walk through my hallway every hour. I need spotted security details all over the property. I want facial scans at the entrance. Any one that's not supposed to be here, press this." Alex handed him a small, circular device with a single button on it. "It will give you direct contact with me. Understand?"

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!