Chapter 17

SCORPIO AIR FORCE BASE, PHOENIX, ARIZONA
SCORPION INSTALLATION
SEPTEMBER 3, 2111

So, after collecting intel, Alex found that Scorpion was planning nothing, but something hit him on the third. He remembered every death Scorpion was responsible for. Every friend and family member they had killed.

Alex took his forces and stormed the Scorpio Air Force Base. He had a plan to take down Scorpion once and for all.

ENGINEERING FLOOR, DOME 3, SCORPION NEW HOPE DOMES
SEPTEMBER 4, 2111

"This is OC to Alpha One. Come in Alpha One," the Operations Controller said over the communications.

"This is Alpha One, checking in. We've infiltrated the Engineering Floor. Brave, Charlie, and Delta have split and are en route to Stabilizers Two, Three, and Four," Alex responded.

"Copy that," the OC confirmed. "Once you place the EMPs you will have three minutes to return to Extraction Point Alpha for evac."

Every dome had four stabilizers on the bottom. Alex was taking them out. He moved swiftly, only stopping every few minutes to take out engineers. They reached the main generator.

"Alpha Three, the EMP please," Alex said.

Lieutenant Mac Bigson, Alpha Three, set down his book bag and pulled out the small, box-shaped device and handed it to Alex. Alex set it down and secured it in place. He then activated it.

"OC this is Alpha," Alex said through the mic. "EMP set. Moving to Extraction Point Alpha,"

"Negative Alpha," the OC responded. "Window closed for evac point at Alpha. Move to Bravo. You got two minutes."

Alex and his team ran through the corridors. They finally made it to the hover ship.

"Go, go, go!" Alex shouted once everyone was onboard.

The ship flew out of the dome.

OC came back on, "EMP detonation in three, two, one."

Nothing seemed to happen. There wasn't a big explosion. The dome began sinking through the air.

"EMP detonation confirmed," OC confirmed. "Good work Atlis."

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!