Part 2: Chapter 13

ATLIS TECHNOLOGY COMPANY HEADQUARTERS, CITY 0589, DOME 756
SCORPION NEW HOPE DOMES
AUGUST 13, 2111

Alex was cold, no freezing. It felt like ice was digging into his skin. He couldn't see, but he felt his breath forming a steam cloud in front of him. Then, there was warmth. His eyes shot open, but he couldn't see. The room was black. Then, it lit up. He was back in his room at home. Alex had sharp memory. He remembered a lot. At that moment, he remembered his home burned down. He had walked through this room with ashes at his feet. This wasn't real. He pounded against the side of what seemed to be a pod. Nothing happened.

Alex lifted the blanket off his bare chest. Half of his upper body was covered in metal. He muffled a cry. He had become a robot. No not robot. He was still flesh and bone. What were they called? Cyborg! He had become a cyborg!

The image on the glass disappeared. He was in a white room. A desk sat in one corner. A door was on the other side of the room. It slid open to reveal a man in a lab coat.

He pressed a few buttons on the pod, and it slid open.

"Mr. Alex Maxon! I'm glad you're awake. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Fine, I guess?" Alex said.

"Better get some clothes on," he said. "Dr. Hemera will want to see you as soon as possible. Clothes are in the cabinet on your right. It's in the wall. Just press the little light there."

The doctor left. Alex pulled off the covers and sat up. It took him a minute to find his balance. He pressed the light on the wall and a panel slid open to reveal undergarments, a white shirt, bearing the Atlis "A" symbol, white pants, socks, and white slip-on shoes. He slipped the clothes on.

Alex walked to the door, and it slipped open.

"Alex," someone said. Alex turned. "Follow me."

Alex made it, but what's next? Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!