Chapter 8

THE U.S. VALIANT, PACIFIC OCEAN, EARTH
UNITED STATES OF ATLIS SHIP
SEPTEMBER 5, 2025

"Sir, we're 50 miles South of Australia," the Captain said.

Grand Admiral Daniel Bradamier Hawkins Jr. oversaw every single Atlis operation. Alex Maxon had assigned him as backup just in case the whole thing blew. He was even higher then the President and only Alex, his brother, and the President knew about him.

"Sir!" shouted an officer. "Incoming pod. Estimated landing, two clicks North."

"Atlis?" Daniel asked.

"Yes sir," he responded.

"Get us there," he said.

The boat sped towards the splashed down pod. Daniel hurried to the deck. The pod door slid open and out stepped Alex Maxon.

"Of all people, you are not who I expected to see," Daniel said.

"Well, it was a rough landing, but hey I know how to do it," Alex replied.

They smiled and pulled into an embrace.

"How's the undercover been?" Alex asked.

"Not bad," Daniel responded. "Just transferred onto this float a few months ago. It's better then that sub."

The entered the bridge to find guns pointed at them. Also behind them, the same sight.

A man stepped forward. "Well, looks like the venom of Scorpion has finally poisoned you. Looks like the end of Atlis."

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!