Chapter 12

ATLIS SAFE HOUSE ALPHA, LOCATION CLASSIFIED
ATLIS SAFE HOUSE
SEPTEMBER 8, 2100

All Fail Safe Pods arrived at Alpha. Out of the 10 pods, three, including Alex and Daniel's, carried people. One of them carried Scorpion soldiers, which were quickly eliminated.

Alex, Daniel, Lieutenant Fred Cook, Private Caitlin Powers, Private Herbert Orson, and General Ned Upson sat under the dome at the center of Alpha.

Alex stood. "Listen up," he said. "From this point on, you are all Fail Safe Generals. None of us are higher than the others, except Mr. Daniel here. Any questions?"

No one said a word.

"All right, so-" Alex said, before being cut off by beeping.

Ned Upson ran to a console. "Sir," he said. "Nukes, lots of them."

"Where?" Alex asked.

"Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, Moscow, Paris, Shanghai, sir, any major city on the planet with something Atlis," Ned stated. "Not only that, they're targeting safe houses."

Another beeping, this time from somewhere else. Ned rushed to the other. "Proximity alert, submarines, incoming."

There was an explosion. "Sir, they've got divers in the pod hangar."

The doors burst open. In marched Benjamin Crane, followed by four other men.

They immediately killed anyone but Alex and Daniel.

"Don't pull your gun on me Alex," Crane said.

Crane pointed a pistol towards Alex. "Listen," he said. "I know about Protocol New Hope. I'm guessing Daniel here doesn't."

"What's he talking about Alex?" Daniel asked.

"Ha!" Crane exclaimed. "I was right! Anyway, activate it."

Alex had no choice. He walked to a panel on the wall. It was a simple few button presses and a hand scan.

"Done," Alex said.

"Good," Crane said, satisfied. "Then, I'm done with you."

"Alex!" Daniel shouted tossing him a pistol.

The bullets flew and went through Daniel. They continued through as Alex put two bullets in Crane. Another bullet went into each of his henchmen. The five bullets sent off by Crane had killed Daniel and continued, diving with firry pain into Alex's side.

He dropped the gun, stumbling forward and blacked out.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!