Chapter 14

ATLIS TECHNOLOGY COMPANY HEADQUARTERS, CITY 0589, DOME 756
SCORPION NEW HOPE DOMES
AUGUST 13, 2111

Alex walked through several corridors before finding himself seated in front of a desk. Light shined in through a window. Atop the desk sat pictures of a woman with a man and two children. Alex smiled. He wished to have a family, but it wouldn't happen. He had passed that age a long time ago.

A woman entered minutes later. "Hello, Mr. Alex Maxon. I am Dr. Hemera. How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Fine," Alex replied. "But I want the truth. All of it."

"Let's start at the beginning," Dr. Hemera began. "Protocol Fail Safe was launched, resulting in you and Daniel Bradamier moving to Alpha Safe House. Benjamin Crane infiltrated. This resulted in activation of Protocol New Hope. Crane and Daniel were killed leaving you injured.

"I was a too ranking general at the time. I knew about Alpha. When I saw New Hope was active, I raced to your location. You almost died. I brought you back. Alex, it's been 11 years. Every single day you were asleep, wether in cryogenic sleep or surgery.

"Scorpion won, nonetheless. They currently occupy the New Hope Domes government system. In charge is a man who calls himself President Scorpio the Second. If he wasn't for the wrong team, he would be a good leader.

"Five years after, the Atlis Technology Company was created. We sell electronics. We also created the NCD or Nuclear Cleanup Device. Thanks to us, Earth is livable again. Thanks to the generosity, and punishment, of Scopio, Atlis is in charge of cleaning up Earth.

"Atlis still has secret military operations going on. We are in the military wing of the Atlis Technology HQ. We want you to head our military operations."

She finished, taking a deep breath.

"Done," he replied.

"Really? That was easy," she said. "Oh! One more thing. The slot in the back of your neck is for this." She held out some sort of chip. Alex reached back and felt the slot for the first time. "It will tell you everything. Now go. Get to it."

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!