Chapter 3

CRANE MILITARY CORPORATION MEDICAL RESEARCH FACILITY, CRANE MILITARY CORPORATION HQ, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES OF ATLIS
CRANE INSTALLATION
AUGUST 27, 2100 (TWO DAYS PREVIOUS TO THE ATTACK ON THE EAGLE)

Commander Benjamin Crane walked down the long hallway. It just kept descending downwards. Benjamin had a problem that only about a handful of people knew about.

A few years ago, a group of rebels had fought him in a Chicago alley. One had a knife that slashed through the left side of his stomach. What he later came to find was the knife was covered in Galemorite, a poison that killed its host in a week.

Anamorite, an anti-poison and extremely powerful healer, was the only thing that could save him. A metal plate was put over the spot that regulated the Anamorite through his blood.

He finally reached the door and entered the chamber. The chamber slid down into an observation chamber. A doctor and two of his most trusted nurses stood behind a window.

"Doctor, how are you?" Crane asked.

"I'm fine, Mr. Crane," replied Dr. Mark Rogers. "Wasn't expecting to see you back."

"Wasn't expecting to be back," said Crane. "I feel something is wrong though." He knocked against the metal plate, and it clanged back at him.

Dr. Rogers flipped a few switches. A device unscrewed something on his plate and the two panels split open. The once orange Anamorite, was becoming more and more red.

"I see ," Dr. Rogers said, studying the system. "Your running out of Anamorite."

"Well, give me more," Crane demanded.

"I don't have any," Dr. Rogers said.

"Get some more!" Crane shouted, now mad.

"Listen," Dr. Rogers explained. "There are only three planets on which Anamorite can be mined, Carsayo, Manerite Five, and Dikaylon Three."

"And your point is?" Crane asked.

"Those three planets are controlled by Atlis," Dr. Rogers said. "Last time we asked for some they named their price at a billion dollars for a gallon of Anamorite."

Crane shook his head. "I can't die."

"You will," Dr. Rogers said. "There's nothing I can do."

Crane pulled his pistol out and shot Dr. Rogers through the glass.

"No," Crane said. "I will burn through Atlis to live."

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!