Chapter 11

SCORPION SPACE SHIP THE NEW WORLD, SUN-ORBITAL FLIGHT, EARTH
SCORPION SHIP
SEPTEMBER 8, 2100

Benjamin Crane had been enjoying his dominion over the universe. He had captured 15 new planets just yesterday. Word had also come in of the capture of Alex Maxon.

The beautiful rays of the sun crept over the horizon, lighting up the thin atmosphere of Earth.

"Sir!" someone suddenly shouted. "Incoming nuclear missiles!"

"Get us away!" Crane shouted.

"We can't," he responded. "Missile hit, approximately one minute."

Crane fled to an escape pod. It launched just before destruction.

Atlis was beginning to retaliate.

THE U.S. VALIANT, PACIFIC OCEAN, EARTH
SCORPION SHIP
SEPTEMBER 8, 2025

Meanwhile...

Alex rushed down the hall after Daniel, who was leading the way. Hopefully Gabriel had finished launching those nukes and was right-

Suddenly, gunshots. He heard Gabriel's cry and then silence. Alex stopped.

"Come on," Daniel hissed. "We can grieve later."

They continue there trek through The Valiant. Finally, they arrived at the pod. Alex ran to a panel and entered some codes.

Suddenly, an alarmed blared, "Alert! Alert! Protocol Fail Safe, now active. Alert! Alert-"

The door to the pod slipped opened. Alex and Daniel went inside and closed the door.

"We have 10 minutes until this thing drops," Alex said. "I bet they'll be down here in three."

"Well, not only is is waterproof. It's also bulletproof and equipped with self defense protocol," Daniel responded.

Not only was Alex right, but they came at the pod hard. Guns were blazing. An RPG hit the pod once. Eventually, when the armor integrity hit 50 percent, the pod began firing back.

"Strap in!" Daniel shouted over the gunfire. "Thirty seconds to drop!"

Thirty seconds later the pod sunk into the ocean. The Valiant began filling with water.

Finally, Atlis got an upper hand.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!