Wing it like Witches

(Luz's POV)

Eda gave me and (Y/n) a ride to school today. I was super excited because Eda told me about Grudgby. "My first Grudgby season! I'm so excited, I have more school spirit than the school spirits!"

"Ah, Grudgby season is the best. You know, I used to play, back in my gory days" Eda said.

"You mean 'glory days'?" I asked.

"Probably not knowing Eda" (Y/n) said.

"Well, that too. I was unstoppable on the field. I had the best moves and the best cheats."

"Cheating isn't anything to brag about. How do you know you were any good if all you did was cheat your way to victory?"

"Ugh. What do humans know, with your goody-goody attitude? If 'cheaters never prosper,' why was I the star player?"

"Well, can't reason with crazy," I said as I pull a sleeping King out of my hood.

"What how?" (Y/n) asked

"Bye King, you little snoozers." I kiss King's head and puts him on the staff as he wakes up. King scurries into Eda's hair.

(Y/n) and I walk into the school. I looked at her as we walked to our first class. "So no more hood?"

She looked at me. "Well, I don't really have a reason to hide anymore. Amity knows along with Emira and Edric so I don't see a point in wearing it anymore"

I gasp. "Does this means your going to eat in the cafeteria with us now?"

"Sure if you guys will have me" as we were walking through the halls we got lots of stars from a few people.

"So hood freak does take off her hood," someone said as they stood in front of us.

(Y/n) put an arm in front of me blocking me from doing anything. "Yeah what about it?"

"She speaks too?"

"Yeah she does and if you continue being in my way you'll find out that she can punch too" (Y/n) said.

"Well like mother like daughter, oh wait that's right you adopted"

"At least she wanted me" (Y/n) grabbed my hand and dragged me past the person who stopped us. She paused for a second and side-eyed them. "By the way, you have something on your shoe"

"Yeah like I'd believe that" they tried taking a step forward but fell on their face. (Y/n) giggled as she continued to pull me to class.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that"

I giggled along with her, it was nice to see her being confident.

We eventually made it to class and Gus and Willow were sitting at a desk so I and (Y/n) went and sat with them.

The teacher started the lesson. "Over 50 years ago, Emperor Belos appointed a head witch to each coven." He continues talking as I turn to my friends.

"I can't wait for grudgby season to start! I've studied up on all sorts of magical sports. Like this." I hold up a DVD case "Good Witch Azura 2: The Field of Deadly Fates. A classic underdog tale."

Willow takes the DVD case. "Azura challenges Hecate in the smibbitch championship. But will she risk it all by taking a chance on the deadly Thorn Vault?" She opens the case.

Gus grabs the DVD. "Ooh, a shiny cookie." He tries to eat it.

I quickly grab the DVD from Gus. "Not food."

"The council headquarters was built and paid for by...? Anyone? Willow?" The teacher asked looking in our direction.

Willow stands up. "Uh, the Pixie Dust Taxes?"