Keeping Up A-fear-ances

((Y/n)'s POV)

I woke up to Luz not being in the room. I looked around, it still startles me my eyes on whatever creature King brought from his castle.

I sat up and grabbed onto the side of the chest that was next to my sleeping area. I pulled myself up to a standing position.

I got dressed, grabbed my crutches, and walked out of my room. I carefully made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen.

Luz sleeps with her head atop a pile of books while snoring.

I walked over to the fridge just before Eda came into the kitchen and stands next to me looking at the fridge.

"Beans!" She yelled, I backed up slightly, startled, also falling over but I caught myself.

Luz jolts up and isn't so lucky. She cries out before falling backward.

"We ran out of apple blood" Eda kicks the fridge door close and turns around. "Still no luck?" She asks Luz

Luz gets up "None. And I was up all night. I read every tome, book, notepad, and tea leaf" She shows Eda the cup, with the tea leaf forming into a shrugging person. "But nothing explains how to make a portal to the Human Realm."

"Maybe you should try asking Amity, she had access to the library and probably will know something about the history of the portal"

I saw Luz blush at the mention of Amity. It made me smile but she shook it off pretty quickly. "I already asked and she said she doesn't know of any books that could help"

Eda steps in again. "I wish I could help ya, kid. My door was already pretty old when I found it."

"How long did you have it?" Luz asked

"Well..." Eda starts but we heard Lilith start screaming. Both Eda and Luz gasped. They run to the living room, and I follow as fast as I can. I see Lilith beginning to turn into her beast form.

"Help... me." She reaches out for Eda, who rushes over and takes out a bottle of elixir from beneath a pillow on the couch. She then runs towards Lilith.

"Calm down, just calm down." She gives Lilith the elixir. "The curse acts stronger when you're stressed." Lilith's feathers start to disappear.

Lilith takes deep breaths. "That was... horrible. How have you managed all these years?"

"Well, it's been hard." She helps Lilith up. "But since we split the curse, at least the elixirs are working again."

"That's a relief." Lilith sighed before noticing that her left hand was gone. She makes a terrified noise while Luz cries out in shock.

Eda bent down to pick up Lilith's hand. "Oh, yeah, sorry. Side effect of the curse. It's actually fun once in a while." She sets the hand back in place. "Now don't worry. I've stashed elixirs all over the house. " she goes around the room showing Lilith where all the elixirs were, even pulling one out of Luz's hood. "Whenever you start feeling feathery, just help yourself to one of these bad boys."

Lilith "I had no idea this is what I did to you. I am so, so sorry."

"Eh, at least I got company now" hands Lilith a bottle of elixir. "And you got me if you need anything."

Eda pats Lilith's shoulder and walks out. Lilith then lies down on the couch, I see her smile just before I made my way following Eda. Luz walking beside me.

Once we were outside the Owl House. Luz walks up to Eda, as she continues her story. "As I was saying, I've had the portal door for years. But I originally just found it in the dirt. Never figured out who made it or where it came from. I just kept it to myself."