Chapter 7

Jungkook jumps awake with blows on his chest.

"Get the fuck off me, you pervert!" Taehyung screams, hitting Jungkook's chest with force, oblivious to the fact that he is the one on top of the supposed offender and not the other way around.

Jungkook grabs a wrist, stops him, pulls him close.

"Calm down, sweetheart, nothing's happened. You passed out. Stop hitting me and I'll let you go." There is a gentle tease hidden in the words. Even though they have only just met, whatever he says to Taehyung, Jungkook can't help but to smile when he says it. The tease comes too easily.

Taehyung stands up, acutely aware of the size of his pants - the only item of clothing he is currently wearing.

Helpless to do otherwise, Jungkook's eyes trace the luscious contours of Taehyung's back from the bed, focusing particularly on how the slender waist arches before it billows out into the most gorgeous ass known to man. Jungkook feels his mouth water.

"Unless you want to lose an eye, I suggest you stop staring." Taehyung hisses the words as he turns around and glares, furious. "Eyes up here, loverboy!" He points two fingers at Jungkook then quickly flicks them toward his own in an angry move. "Do not stare at my ass, ever!" The threat that goes with the message doesn't need to be said, it hangs heavy between the words.

Jungkook lifts a hand up, apologising with his eyes. He's only a man. A weak man in the face of such beauty. Miles of golden skin like the desert... Jungkook turns his gaze away and sighs.

"I need to find some fucking clothes. Get rid of this shit." Taehyung mutters under his breath, rummaging around the room.

"Oh, why an earth would you do that when what you're wearing fits you so... perfectly." Jungkook teases even when he's perfectly aware he's pushing it. But he wants a reaction, he wants the angry eyes on him at all times -call him a masochist.

As difficult as it is when the divine creature bends over at the other end of the room, revealing so much of his ass cheeks that Jungkook nearly chokes on air, it's time to talk seriously. There is too much to be said.

"So about that..."

Taehyung expects him to say something about the surprise rescue which Taehyung himself is still entirely unable to explain. Instead, Jungkook wants to talk about him passing out.

"Are you an upgrade, you know, an Equilibrium, like me?" He lifts his arm adorned with the beautiful shades of his lit up logo, his eyes travelling over his forearm before lifting to scan Taehyung's. He doesn't recall Verni mentioning that other types of upgrades, aside from Equilibriums, having the issue with cascading.

Suspicious, Taehyung returns and kneels in front of Jungkook and aligns their codes. The logos are both bright, iridescent and glowing -Jungkook's is blue, Taehyung's is clearly purple, the two colours nothing alike. "I don't know? I know my code is for an... entertainer." The word drips off his lips with venom. "...and nothing else. I escaped the second I found that out so I don't know anything else..." He stops for a long moment and considers something. "Although..."

Taehyung tries to figure out Jungkook, clearly trying to decide if he's worthy to know his secrets.

Jungkook feels the assessment and hopes he's worthy because he wants nothing more than to know who Taehyung really is. He hopes that Taehyung can see that he has no ulterior motives -all Jungkook's motives revolve around himself surviving and finding a way to live that doesn't involve killing innocent people for a living. He tells that to Taehyung and contrary to his expectations, Taehyung believes him.