Chapter 12

Taehyung looks at Jungkook for a long moment before he seems to make up his mind about something. He turns toward the metal stairs that curl further up around the cooling shaft and grabs Jungkook's hand.

"Come, I want to see the stars." There is a need swelling inside Taehyung when he pulls at Jungkook and runs up the steps toward the platform further up behind the massive shape of the cooling tower looming in the dark.

Briefly lit by the top corridor lights, he carries on, a little crazed but at the same time lucid with the knowledge that this was always inevitable. He can't explain it either but he needs to be close to Jungkook, he feels the pull too. And as crazy as it is, it all makes sense to Taehyung, if he just lets himself believe it. Jungkook makes sense. That feeling is what propels Taehyung to move, to pull Jungkook with him.

The warm voice behind Taehyung drifts between the rain drops. "I don't think you'll be able to see many with the rains." Even without seeing, Taehyung can tell he's smiling, the tease in his voice ever-present. His insides somersault.

"I don't mind waiting..." There are promises in his words. Promises that Taehyung hopes Jungkook will understand without him having to spell it out.

They run up the stairs and the second they hit the landing, there are hands on Taehyung's waist, twirling him around, pushing him back until a hard, metal railing pushes against his spine. Jungkook is right there, right against him. Taehyung can just about see him in the little light reaching them from below and he recognises the feeling so loud in Jungkook's eyes. They share the inexplicable need.

No words are needed.

His mouth feels hot against Taehyung's cool lips, the wet of their sliding tongues setting all of his senses on fire.

They fit together with ease, Taehyung just melting and moulding against Jungkook's frame, wrapping wet against wet. They slide arms around each other while their mouths dance, moving incessantly, exploring. There are fingers in wet hair and gripping along slender waists. Everything is so familiar, yet unchartered.

The way Taehyung arches against Jungkook when he noses down the long, slender neck makes him groan under his breath, makes him reach to cup a delicious, full ass cheek just to pull the man even closer. He needs more.

"Fuck... I knew it would be like this... just knew it." He mumbles along Taehyung's jawline before his fingers clutch around it harshly, pushing the head back just to lick the wet flesh along the column of his throat. The way Taehyung moans, it sounds like a low purr that makes Jungkook want to ruin him.

Jungkook wants Taehyung to be his... and only his.

The feeling is so intense it's almost scary.

It's a connection they didn't know existed, a love they didn't know but feel anyway. Taehyung can't breathe for the fullness of it all. How Jungkook feels, tastes, touches, how he kisses... Taehyung doesn't ever want to stop kissing Jungkook.

It feels like they are about to pass a point of no return but at the same time it's like the point has already been passed in another life. It's as if the traces of their old selves reach over to the other and say: "I see you, I know you".

They don't know each other or themselves, but even then, there is so much history there, so much muscle memory. It's like their beings have burned deeper into each other than just their shared remembrance. Their connection still hovers right in the periphery of their consciousness like a familiar shadow of a loved one that you would recognise anywhere.