"Chapter Nine"

Chad

After her parents showed up, I guess it was my time to leave... even though I didn't want to leave and stay by her side. I wasn't going to confess... not right here at her place. If it was at Lookout or maybe Mackenzie— Wait. I got it! I have an idea. Everything's going to be just perfect.

Instead of heading home, I went to the studios to Mackenzie falls. Even though she won't be back until Monday, I can try to take her here first to stage a date, and then confess at the sunset like in one of the episodes. I hope this works!

Emma

After having dinner with my parents and explained my day, my dad might've had a slight change of heart seeing Chad did this for me.  I had talked to the girls and I figured to go on Skype to talk some more on my laptop. My phone goes off and I checked.

Chad:
Hey, Em. Are you free right now?

"Who was that texting you?"

"Is it Chaddy?" Cassie joked.

"Cass!"

"What? Speaking the elephant in the room."

"As your twin sister I'm disappointed."

I laughed.

"Well... apparently Chad asked if I'm available."

Toni and the girls gasped.

"He's going to ask you out!!"

"Eeee!" The twins excitedly fangirled.

I shook my head.

"I rather be hanging with you girls. We don't get moments like these."

"Don't worry!" Toni reassured.

"We got the weekend!!"

"Actually— the whole summer since school is over."

I sighed.

"Girls... I just don't know."

They know of everything too.

"He went out of his way to drive you back home and comfort you!!" Nicole said.

"Yeah! And he's never like that to anyone but his ex!"

And that's the problem: Sonny is his ex. Sonny is my friend and it would be wrong for me to date her ex— would it hurt her? Would it make her angry?

"But..." I sighed, "isn't it breaking the moral code to never date your friend's ex?"

Then it definitely made the girls silent.

"Exactly. I'm not going to break the code and lose a friend over this."

Then Chad is calling me. Shoot.

"Answer!" Toni demands excitedly.

"And we want to hear it!" The twins said in synch.