"Chapter Sixteen"

"Hey, thanks for letting me stay here for a little while." I said.

"Not a problem." Sonny said with an small smile.

...I went to Sonny. She dated Chad so she would know how to help me through this. I was able to get away without the paparazzi knowing. Sonny took me to the couch. Her mom gave us some space to talk for awhile.

"Sonny... I'm sorry for everything I done. I know I did it out of pure pettiness but doing a lot of thinking makes you realize a lot of mistakes."

Sonny didn't say anything before she shown the photos and such how I faked through the smile and everything.

"I can tell by the body language you weren't comfortable and it was Chad's doing." She explained.

"How about the cast?"

"I pointed out and tried to defend. But only they didn't at first but I think Tawni and Zelda was the first ones to realize the body language you gave off."

"How about the dudes?"

Sonny made a small laugh.

"They're still stubborn."

Sounds like the two. I laughed a bit. Sonny's mom walks in.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Sonny's mom asked in concern.

"To be honest I feel like a mess but I needed a friend to vent to and listen to."

Sonny's mom nods.

"Sonny told me everything including your parents... is okay I can talk to them myself?"

I slowly nod.

"Just go to the bakery and explain who you are." I said.

Knowing them they're probably still trying to work at the bakery and I can't be seen there... though with all of this stress: I feel like baking. But I can't be rude and use Sonny's kitchen.

"I will but do you need anything?" Her mom asked me.

"I'll be fine."

Her mom read through my lie.

"...I'll head to the store and buy some ice cream."

"Okay, Mom." Sonny replied as her mom grabbed the car keys and left.

"Sonny... you know why I'm here."

"Yes, to talk about Chad."

"I feel so conflicted. I know Chad's just being... I don't know. I feel it's toxic for him to do all of this. He did it to rub it in your faces." I went on with my rambling.

"I know... why did you think I dumped him?" Sonny tried to console.

But I can hear the harshness at that sentence.

"But I'm—"

"Sonny. Please."

"Why?"

"I came to you to hear your advice and console. But that..."

Sonny realized now.

"I'm so sorry!!" She frowned, "I didn't meant it to come off that way."

I sighed. I rubbed my temples.

"I'll just—"

Suddenly... we both heard guitar playing? Sonny and I followed the sound to see... Chad and some musician.

"Can't blame you for thinking
That you never really knew me at all." Chad would sing looking up at the window.

"I tried to deny you
But nothing ever made me feel so wrong."

Is he kidding me right now??

"I thought I was protecting you
From everything that I go through
But I know we got lost along the way."

I told him I need space... that...

"Chad, leave her alone!" Sonny shouts out to him, "she doesn't want to see you!"

"I want to make things right!" Chad shout back defensively.

I notice this had drawn attention. Great more attention that I don't need right now.

"Emma, I'm sorry for everything. I want to make right. I can't—"

"Yeah yeah you can't lose you always want to win." Sonny joined in, protecting me.

But this is becoming more stressful as it is.

"Sonny."

"Yeah?"

I looked at her and then down at Chad.

"Please...."

I was feeling so dizzy all of the sudden.... Everything was giving out.

"Emma?" Was the only last thing I heard.