"Chapter Nineteen"

I woke up the next morning, not realizing I had fell asleep with Sebastian the bear in my arms. The stress really did put a number on me. I would use my arm to reach out for my phone and check to see a text from Chad.

Chad:
Good morning, beautiful. By the time you're reading this, you've just woken up. I sadly have to do some promos and such for Mackenzies falls to at least calm down the paparazzi for the time being. Until then rest up, babe. ❤️

I grinned and then checked to see the texts from Toni.

Toni:
BESTIE

TONI:
EMMA DIANE MILLER IF YOU DONT ANSWER I SWEAR TO GOD—

I felt bad to had been so busy to not respond.

Hey... I'm sorry. A lot has happened.

Toni:
And she rises from the dead.

Toni:
I know. Pretty much you're on the news and everyone in school is talking about you.

Hm...

And I assume Casey is flipping out?

Toni:
Yes. Even Casey.

Casey was the most popular girl who always didn't like the twins, Toni, and I.

Toni:
But actually, she's been super nice to me since the whole thing. Probably realized I'm popular by association.

Toni:
But ANYWAYS! How are you feeling? Since the whole thing, I had been worried sick!

I know... I'm sorry.

For right now Chad's gonna do his usual charm and crowd pleasing to hold off everything while I try to recover.

Toni:
That's... reasonable.

Toni:
It sucked I did miss out meeting him. I'm envious of the twins.

I mean... I could maybe ask him whenever he gets back. Depending his mood.

Toni:
Wait really?

Of course. I know it isn't fair but you were busy.

Toni:
Busy sleeping.

I'm sorry... I know I'm also a broken record.

Toni:
You're okay.

Toni:
Honestly it sucks I can't come over. But Cassie and Nicole are right.

I know.

I do miss you and the girls lots though.

Toni:
Miss you too!

Toni:
Anyways how are you feeling?

Well...

It took a long explanation and talking it out with Toni before I put my phone down to stretch. Instead of eating I went to the bathroom. I had to think more. I'm still feeling upset at my parents. I don't know I could even face them without feeling angry and hurt. I understand bakery is their dream but why is their first priority?

Or just maybe... no. Very unlikely.

I quietly sighed. I also started to feel bad about Chad again. I know I was a total jerk to him while we first dated and I shouldn't reacted the way I did. I just still find it hard to believe that the celeb that I found overrated and clicked off Mackenzie falls whenever it comes on. But here I am, dating him... again and becoming part of it because of some promise becoming an actress on a random show or movie as a kid.