"Chapter Fifteen"

Chad had tried Applebees and was in love with the food. He went to the bed while I slept on the couch. Even though we're kinda back to things we're they were... I still chose to sleep on the couch. It's rather early for me to be cuddling with him and be in the same bed... unless if I'm just working beside him.

I saw suddenly a dog plush was put on my bed. I looked up at Chad, confused.

"You needed a buddy."

"How did you get it?"

"...I was able to discreetly get a fast order of it for you." He said with an awkward smile.

"With a fake id?"

"Yup. It's risky to have my name seen anywhere."

There he goes again... I took a deep breath. It's just who he is, Emma. You can't be upset again...

"Force of habit. But still." He adds.

"I know..."

I grabbed the dog plush it felt super soft and comfortable. I kissed his cheek.

"May I?" He politely asked as I scoot over and he sits next to me.

"I'll admit... other than the incident earlier, I'm glad we're kinda stuck here."

I weakly smiled.

"Even though I feel like I'm going insane being stuck in here." I admit, "but we got each other."

He nodded, his phone rings and he had to take it. I was off the phone with the girls after food arrived. They were still excited to meet Chad my boyfriend and the celeb they looked up to. Ton did eventually found out and was super jealous of the twins.

"Hey, got off the phone with my PR manager. She was able to at least try keep the public eye away from us."

I nodded to look outside, it does seem not crowded... but are they at the front? I felt a hand put on my shoulder.

"It'll be okay... trust me." He said with a smile.

I sighed and nodded again. I went to the couch.

"You upset?"

"No just... concerned is all."

"That's understandable."

I nodded.

"It's just... I'm scared not because of the paparazzi, but also of so random cast... they really were nice."

"Only when it's convenient."

"Why do you hate them so much? Is because your ex?"

Chad sighed for a moment.

"No... we always had this rivalry. Way before Sonny came into the picture."

I slowly nodded.

"That's... understandable, I think." I responded.

This made it super awkward between us.

"Enough about me. What about you?"

"Well... you already know I am a baker at heart but this is by choice... and to fulfill a childhood dream."

"I do know that. I wanted to know where you came from."

"Well I came from the south. From a small town where everyone knows your name."

"Yeah but where?"

"...North Carolina."

Chad looked at me confused.

"Aaaand that's why I didn't want to tell you." I said as I rolled over, facing away from him.

"Come on, baby. I'm trying." He said.

I then turned my head over.

"I know you are it's just—" I paused, "I'm having some doubts whether this relationship is a good idea or not."

Chad frowned.

"You don't trust me?"

I bite my lower lip.

"I... do."

"Doesn't seem like it."

I sighed.

"Chad."

"Emma. Please."

"Chad... It's just complicated right now. I know we seemed fine hours ago but just—"

"But what?"

"It's like... there's this voice of reason trying to say that this is a huge mistake. I mean I know you're open about everything but look at this." I gestured to the paparazzi outside, "not to mention my parents aren't helping and only care about themselves."

Chad frowned.

"It's just... hard. This is just still... a lot to take in."

Chad continued to frown before sighing.

"I know you were caught off guard when I told the public- I couldn't help it." He paused, "I wanted to show the whole world I'm in love with you."

"—I feel like it's to rub it in at Sonny and the group." I said, doubtful of his words.

"...That too."

I face palmed.

"Chad... why can't you put this stupid rivalry aside?"

"I won't until they're willingly to make a truce."

I bite my lower lip. I wish Toni and the twins can hear this. I know you can't change Chad Dylan Cooper and I realized that and I still have feelings but... with all this going on, I feel like walking on eggshells. I tried to make compromises but the doubt keeps building up.

"Emma?"

I felt him caressed my cheek after I zoned out. I had sighed. I need some distance to think and some advice... and I think I might know someone to help.

"Where are you going?"

"Chad for the time being, I need a break. I need space until this dies down.... I'm sorry."

"Emma—"

I had tuned out his begging while I packed. Hopefully this'll blow over soon.