"Chapter Thirteen"

Emma is still fast asleep after a few hours. Ever since we publicized our relationship, things got hectic. Although I am Chad Dylan Cooper and I live for the fame and popularity. But... I know Emma's still getting used to the spotlight and that kind of attention.

I've had to put the show on hiatus... for her. I had my earbuds in currently brainstorming and had those two musicians Emma suggested earlier to the musicians I hired earlier for our date. Until I saw Emma tremble. I'm not sure if she's cold but I pulled up the covers for her but saw her hands twitched. I looked at her with concern.

"Emma?"

No response, she was definitely having a bad dream since her body twitched once more. Strangely, she hasn't said anything only to make scared noises in her sleep. I put her hair behind her earlobe. Kissing the side of her head before pulling her in my arms.

She still trembled for a moment until she relaxed. I don't know what she's dreaming about but it must've been something bad. I still held her in my arms watching her sleep peacefully once more. I quietly sighed... I never went this peaceful moment to end.

Emma

The eye of the storm. That's what it feels like. Except I'm the eye of this hurricane while everyone else is suffering.

"You're dating him?"

"How can you date him! Have you heard what he did to Sonny?"

I can only scream shut up and say that was what he did in the past and redeemed himself. But then I saw my parents were ashamed of me. Saying that I'm the reason they're focused on the bakery is because I've became a disappointment.

But... I was pulled out of it.

"Emma. Don't listen to them. I'm here." Chad's voice called out to me.

"Chad?" I called out.

"You're my everything. Sonny's my past and you're my present and future. I love you and will fight for you until my last breath." He encouraged.

It was like he was the ray of sunshine through the storm.

"Chad..."

"Wake up, Emma."

I then woke up... to realized I was dreaming. Still back at the hotel. Chad his earbuds in and held me in his arms.

"Are you okay?"

"Just a bad dream is all..." I said in a groggy voice.

He frowned some moving his hand to my cheek.

"It's just a dream... I'm here."

I weakly smiled.

"It's driving me insane that we're stuck here."

"I mean... who wouldn't be stuck in this situation like me?"

Is he being serious right now?

"...what?"

"...you're seriously asking me what? You literally just made it about yourself, Chad."

"What?"

I just looked at him disgusted. I want to leave but— it would be social suicide to leave with the paparazzi and news reporters outside waiting for our every move. I moved to one part of the room.

"Emma please-"

I ignored him. Grabbing the blanket on top of the couch and realized it can also turn into a bed... huh. I pulled it out and used the blanket to lay there.

"Emma..."

He's still being persistent? He makes a loud, sad sigh. I closed my eyes, pretending I fell back to sleep.  I heard footsteps for a moment... good he probably went to his—

Suddenly he's touching my hair?

"I'm sorry... Emma. I really am." He begins, "I know you're probably asleep but... I want to say that... I love you, Emma Miller." He admit.

He's still caressing my hair.

"I want to protect you and treat you like a princess as you rightfully deserve."

Dang it... he's really trying to make me "wake up," and not feel angry at him. But I'm not a princess... he's rich and I'm middle class... I had high hopes at first but with the nightmare and everyone at So Random... I feel so guilty and doubtful.

I still pretended while he stopped to... kiss me? Not on the lips but either my forehead or one of my cheeks. I don't want to break his heart... because it hurts. I want to be his girlfriend but I felt I let my friends and family so let down.

...Well only the cast at so random let down. The girls I know wouldn't be let down. I heard footsteps walking away from me. I rolled over, still pretending to open my one eye to see Chad gloomy and listening to his music. I rolled back to the other side. I can only fall asleep for real... praying that this nightmare will end.