"Chapter Seventeen"

Chad

It's been a few hours since Emma was rushed to the ER. Everything I did... it's my fault. Sonny of course hates my guts and I understand why. I had to make Sonny go home. I absolutely did NOT allow her parents come to see her. They weren't supportive of her from the start of this.

I anxiously held onto her hand scrolling through social media. Of course per usual: I'm trending alongside Emma. Word spread around about everything. But now I'm more worried about the girl I love is in the hospital, unconscious.

I heard a faint noise coming from Emma. I immediately draw my attention and squeezed her hand.

"Emma?" I said her name.

When I said her name, this had doctors and nurses come running to the room and do tests and protocols. I looked at her and she was slowly waking up.

"Where am I...?" She said weakly.

"You're in the hospital, Ms. Miller."

"Emma." I said her name.

She didn't look at me just yet. She was looking at the doctors. Eventually, her tired eyes looks at mine. When she realized I was there, I saw her heart rate on the monitor went up. I can see the frustration in her.

"What can you remember?"

"I was at my friend Sonny's place until this culprit right here had serenaded me and with all the stress and pressure of the spotlight and paparazzi..." her voice trailed off, hinting to her faint.

I saw she held the side of her head for a moment. Doctor said the medical name but I didn't pay attention. It was all on Emma.

"Emma?"

She ignored me. She didn't want any stress. After they left, she lays back not making any eye contact.

"Emma... I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? You're the reason I'm here, genius. If you gave me space I wouldn't be here." She coldly spat.

"I... I wanted to prove to you I was a fool. I shouldn't taken advantage of you and be a jerk. It was selfish of me to rub it in Sonny's and The Random's faces." I tried to grab her hand and stare into her eyes, "I wanted to show the world my love for you."

She didn't say anything.

"How can you prove it that you're just making this up?"

"I already have."

I found the TV remote and flipped onto the news channel.

Emma

After Chad flipped on the news channel. I looked at the time... it was when I was fainted. I can see Chad looked tense, nervous, and heartbroken.

"I have to say this for not only my viewers but the Emma when this is going to be replayed: I was a fool. I had done it for my own selfish needs and put the girl I love under a lot of stress. I made my mistake once... I won't let it happen again. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." Chad said on the TV before he pushes the reporters and paparazzi away, trying to follow Sonny and her mom off camera.

I grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. Chad didn't say anything, he was being patient. I didn't make eye contact, looking down at the my feet covered under the blanket. Chad got up for a moment to leave. While he left, I quietly sobbed. Even though Chad and I started off as enemies, but he was the one who harbored feelings all along. I realized... after Sonny he doesn't understand love. Only from Mackenzie Falls.

"Honey." A soft voice spoke that snapped me back from a daydream.

I looked up... my parents....

"Oh... you." I said coldly as I grabbed the control to make the bed lean back some.

"We're sorry, honey—" Dad begins.

And once again the fake apologies.

"No. You're not sorry. Not once you even cared during this. All you cared about is the business. I know it was your dream ever since you guys were teens but you should've put your child first before your teen dream." I snapped.

Throb

Ow.

"Honey..."

"Emma, you don't talk to us like that." Mom said defensively.

"No, Rachelle... she's right."

"What?"

"We should've been there for our little girl. She's in the hospital with all the stress from that boy I didn't like from the start."

I clenched my hands, my heart rate is increasing and my head is throbbing.

"If you guys got some petty stuff don't put it on me." I spat.

"Just get out." I said as I held my head once more.

"Honey?"

Chad comes back in, seeing my parents and immediately get angry.

"Security!" He called out.

"That's—"

"You're not on the list... I knew that you two would come around when you thought it would end."

After all the years of bonding and loving my parents... I can't believe this is how they turn out. Not once they called or texted me. All they cared about is the business. It's always been like that. I looked down at my feet, expecting for them to be escorted out by security and or Chad.

Not only my head is killing me, but my heart is too.

"They're gone now, Emma..." Chad said as I saw him from his chest down sit at the same chair.

I looked up and they were gone. Just as he said it. I saw he used his thumb to wipe away my tears.

"I'm here..." he reassured softly.

I wanted to go home but... they'll be there. I want to get out of here. I lay back, sighing.

"I..." I didn't know what to say. Chad's baby blue eyes started deep into mine, waiting for me to continue.

"I don't know if I'll be discharged."

"In a hour or so. Because our show is #1, we get all the perks and even have use the vacation home."

So...

"Chad... we had one and you didn't tell me?" I said, annoyed.

"...Yes?"

I face palmed. Same old Chad. But... I guess he is trying to make things right.... I hope.