"Chapter Eighteen"

After finally getting discharged, Chad drove me to the vacation home that's in a secluded community.  Of course, Chad stayed to make sure I was okay.

"Emma?"

"Yeah?"

"I wanted to tell you that... with everything going on, I know you needed your friend from your old town and told them they can use it anytime they're free."

I weakly smiled. How thoughtful.

"You don't seem as happy."

"I'm just... exhausted."

He nods.

"You know... you can use me as a pillow."

Even though I haven't really say we're back together yet... but seeing how he's more nicer and not so uptight and using me...

I used his shoulder as a pillow but Chad pulled me into his arms. It surprised me for a moment, but I allowed it.

"How did Sonny take you being stubborn earlier?"

"Not very well. She didn't want me to even come at all. Not until she saw me do my apology live on TV."

I made a small laugh.

"But how about so random?"

"Still hate my guts but the show is overrated in my opinion still."

"...you were on it if I remember correctly."

"Not by choice. Eventually after few guests appearances I just stuck with Mackenzie Falls and other projects."

Mackenzie Falls... I haven't been on the show since it all happened. Even though the director had put it on a small hiatus until I recovered.

"Do you still have the script?"

"...for falls? Of course." Chad paused as he moved his way and sat up. He went to grab it and show it to me after he found it.

"But the doctor said you—"

"I'm just going to read through, not saying I want to jump back into it." I said as I began to read through.

Because of the small changes I did at the beginning, Rose is wary of Mackenzie. And... just like earlier he would go serenade for her to prove that he isn't working with Brad and wants to keep her safe. Then Brad comes in and more drama.

"Well?"

I stretched for a moment and lay on his chest once more.

"You already know my answer,"

"It's something alright. Love and drama for Mackenzie Falls." He tried to imitate my voice.

I laughed some more.

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner."

"What's my prize?"

"Your prize is... me. As your girl again." I said with a small smile.

Chad ecstatically smiled.

"And I'll gladly accept your prize, making you my girlfriend once again."

"Just... don't go crazy like last time?"

"Of course not, that was the old chaddy. The new chaddy would support your decisions and ask first."

I snort.

"What?"

"...chaddy?"

"Yeah because it's better than—"

"Don't even finish that sentence, mister."

He laughs once more. I get up and stretched.

"Need anything?"

"Nope. Just going to bed."

He nods, kissing my cheek before I head to the room I chosen to sleep in. I had thrown on my pjs and before I went to sleep... I had to think. I felt... hurt still.

Parents are suppose to love and support you and be there through stuff like this. But they practically abandoned me and argued in front of me. Although I can tell my Dad was being serious with his body language... I just couldn't handle it.

What happened to my parents that was always there and supported me?

I rolled over to see Sebastian the bear. He obviously brought it on purpose. Although the waterfall scented cologne is still strong. But I remember... I touched the bear's arm for a moment. Yup. Still soft and cuddly. I grabbed the bear once more to hug it tightly.

I quietly sighed... I just really hope this blows over soon.