Remembrance

Explanations for shortcuts:

Y/N- Your name

H/N- Horse's name

Author's note: I sincerely apologize for the chapter delays. School is currently ruling over my free time, yet I promise to write new chapters more frequently.

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________

You arrived home, your body feeling worn out.

Getting ready for sleep, you recalled today's events. You were truly happy, for the first time in a while. As if you waited a hundred years for that shiver of pleasure to spread from the depths of your chest to your limbs.

As you laid in your bed, you never had a few moments of deliberation that seemed like an eternity as you felt your consciousness ebbing away, and your thoughts, as clear and concise as they were mere moments ago, were coming to an end. 

Your eyes grew heavy from the strenuous effects of excessive agitation of the brain, that faculty which, in all its strength, you had not prepared for such a weakness.

The tiredness took over you as you closed your eyes.

Your starry dreams took you back to the circus.

This has happened many times, but this time, it was different. It felt different.

Your imagination felt too real.

The tent was illuminated with lights of yellow and crimson, the spotlight upon you. Small pieces of dust visible in the glow foretold that the circus has not been visited in a while.

You touched your face, startling yourself. Actual feeling in your fingertips.

"Y/N,"

You froze.

No.

No, no.

"Love,"

"Don't call me that," You turned to Ydris.

There he stood, flesh and bones. With a smile, yet his eyes told how your comment stabbed him.

"I thought you liked it," He said mockingly.

"Is it actually you?" You breathed out.

He chuckled, "One and only,"

You stepped closer, one step at a time. The ground felt like it would collapse any minute, sand covering your bare feet.

Ydris spread out his arms, expecting you to run into them.

However, you proved him wrong when your palm landed on his cheek, leaving a red stain. His head jerked to the side.

"I deserved that," He said as he reached for the slapped place with his hand.

Right after you did so, you pulled him closer to you and held him tightly.

"You're alive," You sobbed.

The pieces of your heart that had been struggling to fit into this world became so quiet when cuddling with him, they had found peace, almost like they needed your glue to bridge their gaps and connect.

Ydris broke the silence, "I kind of want to kiss you,"

You ran a hand through the black hair at the nape of his neck, giddy when you felt the goosebumps rise.

Ydris sighed, "Okay, I desperately want to kiss you,"

"Desperately?"

"Desperately,"

But when he leaned close, you dipped away from him, "Why are you here?"

His smile faded.

"I wish I didn't have to tell you," He looked as if piercing your soul, "I don't know what is going to happen. But I know what I saw,"

He took your hand in his, "Whatever risky it is that you're about to do, don't. Something is coming. I saw you, I saw us. I saw the end,"

You saw the frantic worry in his expression. He was able to see certain points in the near future, but his predictions were never as clear as one would like.

"Please," He took your face between his palms, "Be careful with every decision you make,"

You nodded, "I will,"

As you lifted your head to kiss him, the world suddenly started shaking.

The shock spiraled up your spine, causing absolute dizziness and pain in your head. Your eyes followed the thrumming noise from above you. You quickly spotted a line appearing and moving across what seemed like a reality, that you knew was going to crack down at any second. Hastily, your numb legs got back their senses. You stood there, despite the appalling dizziness ruling over your head, and struggled for a way to leave. 

You were waking up.

You turned back to Ydris, who was standing there, smiling as the pieces of dimensions fell right through him.

"Ydris!" You shouted, reaching out your hand to pure nothingness.

Your eyes shot open. Jumping out of your sleep, you found yourself sitting on your bed, drenched in sweat.

The sound of your morning alarm found its way into your ears. You grabbed it and threw it across the room with a burning hatred.

"Damn it," You cursed as you run your fingers through your damp hair.

Was this real? Was it just a result of your own imagination?

Ydris is gone. Again. For Aideen knows how long.

He seemed to be scared, asking you to be careful.

You couldn't believe that he actually came back. That he didn't forget.

His fortunes were probably unclear, yet he felt the need to warn you about anything bad that might occur. But you doubted that anything would, you weren't planning on doing anything risky anytime soon after all.

Or, at least, that's what you thought.
.
.
.
The morning breeze blew, and the crystal clear dewdrops slid down the leaves and jumped cheerfully. The green grass wakes up under the gentle morning light, and it looks greener under the shower of rain and dew. The just-risen sun shone softly on the Jorvegian streets, bringing with it a flurry of early activity. Birds were chirping, their wings wide open. 

You slowly trotted on H/N on the way to another druid meeting, telling him/her all about the dream you had.

"Do you think there's actually something awaiting us?" You asked.

H/N snorted. If he/she had a human body, he/she would probably shrugged his/her shoulders at your question.

You took a breath to continue talking, but what you saw didn't let you let out a word.

Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed a suspicious person wearing dark clothes. An unknown figure wandering around the opening to the Secret Stone Circle. There was something puzzling in the person's gait, enough to make you prepared to use your magic at any moment just in case. They seemed to be trying to figure out how to open the portal, which meant they could be a great threat.

You stopped behind a tree and dismounted H/N.

"Stay here," You whispered, and H/N nodded as a response.

Stepping closer to the person, you gathered all the courage you had in you.

The branches under you were the only sound you were making, you hoped they couldn't hear your footsteps.

You positioned yourself into a fighting posture, "Who are you?"

They jumped at the sound of your commanding voice. 

Turning around, they surprised you even more than you were so far.

"Rhoda?"