Acceptance

Explanations for shortcuts:

Y/N- Your name

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Light seeped through the window, falling onto the table and floor. It was Pandorian nature's art, something that soothed right to the soul. And yet there is that eerie feeling of the calm before the storm.

Without a word, Ydris stepped away from the dishes and motioned for you to sit down.

As you did, you could feel his eyes piercing through you, but the stare did not feel so loving.

You sighed, filling in the tense silence.

"We need to tell the Leaders,"

He lowered his gaze to his connected hands in front of him.

"And how do you plan on doing so?" He questioned, his tone dull.

"Well," You swallowed, "I assumed we would pay them a visit and simply let them know what's going on, so we can try to avoid it together,"

He smirked, but it seemed like a villainous smile when he knew that your idea to save everyone had holes in it.

"Do you realize that we broke the rules? They aren't going to let that fact slide,"

"You would not be a good Soul Rider," You shook your head.

Ydris chuckled, "I sure hope so,"

It was a beautiful laugh. The way his eyes slightly squinted and his teeth showed. It made your heart flutter, making something more significant and sweet explode in your chest and brain.

"No, but, really," You tilted your head forward, "What I have learned over the years is that I know how cliché it sounds, everything works out in the end, somehow. Look at us, look what we have become. I promise you that we are going to be just fine,"

Ydris' look softened at your words, but his voice still held a hint of fear.

"But what if we're not?" He almost whispered.

You sighed and closed your hands over his cold ones.

"I don't know," You looked him in the eyes, "I wish I could promise anything. But wherever we will end up, I will be with you all the way. You're not alone in this anymore, Ydris,"

Most of the time, people wanted to be seen as brave and not bothered by things trying to stop them, and Ydris did too, at first.

You sat before him, his insides quivering but his face set hard. He had cried his tears, suffered his wounds, and walked his hardest roads. There was a moment, just a fraction of a second when his face showed puzzlement. Ydris held his gaze, his eyes were every bit as hard as one who harbours only hatred, yet so very soft as they have always been towards you. You felt the shockwave pass through you like it always did, yet this time you sat firmly regardless with dry eyes and still hands.

"I'm sorry," He said, his voice trembling, "I...I don't know what to do. There are so many things tangling themselves in my mind, I feel like I'm losing it,"

You took a better hold of his hand, "I know. It's okay. All you have to do is tell them to go away, and they will,"

Ydris slowly nodded as he sniffed, stroking your knuckles with his thumb.

You took a moment to look at him.

It was so crazy. Just a few months ago, you and he adored each other under the glistening lights of the Circus of Dreams. Simply admiring each other from afar, falling in love as days flew by. He was the never-breaking, remarkably charming magician who made his audience's mouths fall agape as they watched him. How would you end up if there was no such thing as the Keepers of Aideen, the hatred, the complication of it all?

But now, he was the most vulnerable. Yet, it was still him. Still the same Ydris that was your home.

He was strong, he was powerful, but even the most shatterproof ones needed a bit of encouragement sometimes. And you loved him through all of this.

"Are you with me, then?" You asked, your voice cracky.

He smiled lowly.

"I will always be,"

As you listened to these words, you felt a heavy stone come tumbling from your chest.

You shuffled closer, he nodded a little and closed his eyes.

You leaned over the table, daintily placing your hands up until they were on his face and chest. Moving across and kissing him, you put everything you had into it.

Ydris mumbled something, and you felt the blood in your veins boil as he carefully tilted his chin and gasped at the clumsy collision of your noses. It definitely wasn't enough for either of you to stop. Your hand seemed to have a mind of its own for it crawled up Ydris' chest and ended up resting on his neck.

A small sigh escaped from his mouth and his free hand slid along your jaw, drawing you closer.

He hovered for a moment and pulled away. Your lips tingled, excitement running through your bones. This wasn't your first kiss, but oddly enough, it felt like it. Maybe because it might have been your last.

"I love you," he murmured as he pressed his forehead against yours, "So much, it gets overwhelming sometimes. It's terrifying,"

You gave him another soft kiss just below his upper lip as you said, "I love you too,"

It made him dizzy. It felt amazing as he remembered. Better, maybe.

It was then that you stood up and reached out with your hand.

"I think it will be better if we tell them now," You acknowledged, "So we can have as much time to prepare as we can,"

Your fingers were entangled with Ydris's as he rose up from the table.

"Alright," He said, a familiar spark of confidence reappearing in his eyes once more, "Let's kick their Aideen-drooling asses,"

You grinned proudly.

"Thank you, Ydris,"

Consequently, you left the house with the hope being your only motive.

The village was quite busy at this time, yet it maintained peace. The wind chattered through the streets, and the light danced upon the rooftops. No one but you had an idea of what awaited you.

You reached the house that was slightly bigger than the rest.

Ydris let out a confused 'hm' sound.

"What?"

"Something is not right," He said, "There isn't anyone guarding the entrance,"

Stepping hesitantly to the door, you looked back at Ydris for reassurance. He nodded and you turned around and knocked three times.

No response.

You knocked again but ended up with the same result.

Taking a deep breath, you tried to open the door. To your surprise, the door was unlocked, and so you slowly stepped in the foot by foot with Ydris behind your back.

"They are not here," You frowned your eyebrows, "Do you have any idea where they could be?"

Ydris shook his head and as he opened his mouth to say something, a loud melody-like noise caught your attention.

Coming from outside, it pierced your ears without mercy.

Yet, you and Ydris looked at each other in panic.

The alarm bells.