Reunited

Explanations for shortcuts:

Y/N- Your name

H/N- Horse's name

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________

Music filled the air without effort, like the waves filling holes in beach sand; the sound rushing in and around everyone. Some reacted to the beat, and others continued in chatter, but always it spoke to them in some manner. A lively tempo could lift them, elevate the spirit, or move them to dance, whilst a slow one can relax the mood.

The campfire lit a glow in all of you that night. Between the songs and jokes, between the smiles and stories, your bonds became a kind of palpable ever-glow. The Pandorians were dancing around the fire, laughing, clapping, and cheering.

The Pandorians.

Your family.

Yet, you couldn't stop worrying.

What happened to Lisa and Linda? Did Garnok do any more damage?

But you couldn't say you were not happy. You were finally with the ones of your kind and you did not have to hide the burden. You couldn't believe they were actually alive and well, turned out that there were many other survivors and they simply found a place in Pandoria that hasn't been touched by humans yet.

You learned that Pandoria consisted of two big floating islands and the Pandoria as you knew it was one of them, called Restricted Lands ever since it was attacked by the Druids. The only way to travel between these islands was through portals only Pandorians were capable of creating. The locals were not allowed to visit that part or welcome any trespassers coming from the Restricted Lands that did not prove themselves as Pandorians. You guessed Rhoda was an exception, for she came in with you. They became a much more of a closed community than they used to be, but that was easily understandable. 

You feared that she would feel left out or not wanted here, but when you looked at her, she radiated joy and was all smiles while playing with the children and dancing with them to the rhythm.

Looking around, your gaze stopped at one particular figure.

He was smiling, talking to someone. 

His hair wasn't slick back like it was when you knew him. He seemed to be finally at ease, yet he seemed to tense every time he looked at you.

Those eyes, you knew them.

Ydris.

You stood up and rushed to him through the crowd.

However, he noticed that you were walking in his direction, for he stood as well and went away. You knew he knew that it was you. And he knew you knew it was him.

Following him, you found yourself at the end of the village. A single well was standing in the middle, the streets alone and empty for everyone left to celebrate.

"Ydris!" You called, not getting an answer

Yet, Ydris stopped, but he did not look at you.

"Ydris," Walking closer, you touched his shoulder with your hand. He jerked and shook your hand away, leaving a cold sensation in your chest.

"Why are you here?" He almost whispered, his tone deep with what sounded like hatred, but you couldn't bring yourself to believe that.

You stuttered, "I came here for you,"

Walking in front of him, you tilted your head to look him in the eyes, but as soon as you did so he aimed his gaze elsewhere.

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy to see me?" You carefully asked, your throat tightening at each word. 

"I am. I am over the moon that you're here," He stepped back, his face twisted in disgust, "But I specifically asked you not to do anything risky. And what did you do?"

"Listen," You said.

"No Y/N. This can end badly for both of us. I am not sure what I saw back then, but it contained me and you and the world crumbling under our feet. Are you out of your mind?"

You started at him in disbelief as he was breathing heavily. To your oblivion, tears started forming in your eyes, but you wiped them away as soon as they flooded out. Your chest collapsed at the pain in his eyes.

Ydris sighed. It broke his heart to be loved like this, to be loved so purely that he was capable of breaking a heart. 

"I thought you left," You said, your voice breaking, "For good,"

"No. I couldn't. I wouldn't," He looked up.

"I know you had to go," Those words came out throttled, "I just wanted to be somewhere..." Safe? Familiar? Comfortable? 

"Near you,"

He couldn't bear it anymore. Not like this.

As his arms wrapped around you, tears flowed more freely. 

At that moment, there in his arms, you felt all the things you longed to feel for so long. Safe to cry and not be rejected. Safe to relax and let out your pain. You felt warm and embraced on every level of yourself. His arms felt like security right then. They felt like a warm blanket fresh from the dryer on a cold day.

You felt like you were falling apart and the only thing holding you together was his embrace around you.

For you, he was the sun. When he was gone, you could kiss that light away. Without him, you knew you would never see it again.

"Lord, Y/N," He whispered into your ear.

Ydris pulled away slightly, but only with his head.

"May I?"

"You may,"

 The next things you knew, his lips instantly locked with yours.

Maybe time actually stopped when his lips met yours, or maybe it was just the fact that you were in Pandoria where time doesn't really work, but the flutter only intensified. Your heart pounded in your chest as your knees got weaker. You could only focus on how soft he felt against your mouth, how addictively he invaded all your senses.

"I love you," He said in between the kisses, "I don't think you know how much,"

You giggled as you gave him a quick peck on his cheek, "I know,"

You and Ydris pulled away and, hand in hand, you slowly walked back towards the celebration, not wanting to let go. 

Maybe this was your happily ever after. Maybe you were always meant to live like this.

Only if life was ever so simple.